Hello from San Francisco, California

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, Mickey! Sorry I didnt' welcome you earlier ... missed that wagon, ya know?

Happy posting! :ultracool

OP
mickey

mickey

White Belt
Reaction score
I just now noticed this thread (in the user CP). Was I supposed to get some sort of notification of replies to it? Did I have the default notification mis-set? (It works (instant email) for other threads....)

Anyway, wow, what a welcome! It's great to be here.

Yeah, we're really busy (but that's the way we like it). My 4-y-o and I just took our orange belt test; my 7-y-o son will probably test at the end of this month. (That's an advantage to hitting the dojang daily, you eat up the required classes number very quickly.)

I *hate* testing. Anxiety is unpleasant. This test went better than the yellow belt test, and I presume as I get more tests under my belt they'll be less nerve-wracking, but still, meh!

I think we start sparring in a few weeks. That sounds like fun. Another first for me. I really like being at Jino Kang's dojang; the people and staff are very supportive. (Something to which I'm really looking forward are weapons: I have several very nice Bu Jin jo, bokken, and tanto from my Aikido days.)

Okay, 'nuff rambling.

beau_safken

Black Belt
Reaction score
Woops sorry for not chiming in earlier. It's nice to have another for the San Fran team. Mike and me were holding up the fort for a while :D

Latest Discussions