Hello From Pennsylvania

Psilent Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone and nice to meet you all.

This is a really nice site and I'm glad I found it. I have practiced Martial Arts off and on since about age 14 or 15. I am practicing again (Kyokushin Karate) and have made the decision that I will be learning and practicing Martial Arts until my final days on earth. It is my permanent lifestyle choice that I've made. :)

I look forward to healthy discussions and learning from others here.

Osu!

Juany118

Senior Master
Reaction score

This is a really nice site and I'm glad I found it. I have practiced Martial Arts off and on since about age 14 or 15. I am practicing again (Kyokushin Karate) and have made the decision that I will be learning and practicing Martial Arts until my final days on earth. It is my permanent lifestyle choice that I've made. :)

Osu!

Greetings, I am in PA as well, what is the closest metro area to you? I am in the Philly area.

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score

Osu!
Oooh Psilent Knight.. I like that.. it sound mysterious :) If you have practiced on and off why have you made a permanent lifestyle choice now can I ask? :) Welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing your thoughts xo

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, bro.

OP
Psilent Knight

Psilent Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
@Jenna and @Buka , Thank You Very Much for welcoming me here.

Oooh Psilent Knight.. I like that.. it sound mysterious :) If you have practiced on and off why have you made a permanent lifestyle choice now can I ask? :) Welcome aboard, looking forward to hearing your thoughts xo

The reason I practiced on and off is because I kept allowing life and all of it's curveballs to throw a monkey wrench into my training. I have made the decision that I am going to continue to train uninterrupted from this point on no matter the sacrifices. I am resolved to finish what I have started.

Also, the main goal FOR ME when training Martial Arts is that it is my sanctuary. Martial Arts (for me) can serve as an excellent counterbalance to what I personally deem to be an unnatural and sedentary way of living in today's highly industrialized, fast paced and stress inducing society.

I am also interested in the health and fitness benefits and the challenge of trying to master a complex philosophical and technical system as a way of self development/self improvement. Strangely enough, self defense is actually at the bottom of the list of my reasons for training. :)

wingerjim

Green Belt
Reaction score

Osu!
Welcome. I hope you enjoy the site. Most everyone is very helpful without much drama at all, which is why I love the site.

OP
Psilent Knight

Psilent Knight

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey. I'm from around Kennett Square in Chester County. You don't need to share your locale if you don't want to, I just thought I'd be more specific than simply "also from PA."

Hi Steel Accord. I'm in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County.

Welcome from the Left Coast.

Thank You from the Right Coast...well...close to the right coast anyway. :D

BuckerooBonzai

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Welcome! I worked in Philly for a year and trained with Bobby Leach just across the border in NJ while I was there.

He calls his dojang "Olympic Karate" but it is actually TKD. And he is an AMAZING instructor and fighter. I believe that he was on the US National team multiple times.

Anyways, welcome to the MT site!