Hello from Missouri

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hello All,

I started learning Wing Chun when I was in the Navy. Once out did the college, work somewhere....move, work somewhere else thing, until settling down in Missouri.

A few years ago, I decided to get off my butt (New Years Resolution) and start back in with something.
Only thing is, there is nothing close by to study.

Solution....simple, just drive 50 miles to class. :)

I've been taking karate since Jan of 04. It is great!
There are alot of differences from my prior training, but also similarities which has helped me learn at my ripe old age
*looks for cane*

It is a bit of a challenge sometimes to work in classes, I work a rotating swing shift (7 days of 0700-1500, 2 days off, 7 days of 2300-0700, 2 days off, 7 days of 1500-2300, 2 days off, *repeat*) but I'm determined to stay with it.

James.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Man, I'm glad you wrote your name. Do you realizre how long it would take to write Welcome to MT, Nevada_MO_Guy. My hands get cramps just thinking about it. So...

Welcome to MT, James! Best continued wishes with your training! Anything we can do to help, just shout! :)

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome, and happy posting!

I feel for you and your drive... at one point, I was driving 37 miles (1 way) to work out - but it was worth it!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT! I also admire your determination to do whatever it takes to get some training. Enjoy your time on the forum. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Martial Talk James! Enjoy your stay!:ultracool

And yes, I can see, by the looks of your work schedule, that getting in some training time can be hard!

Mike

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
James,

Welcome. At one time I would have called you taxi driver. I was a Jarhead. It is too bad you are on the other side of the state from me. There are a ton of training schools in St. Louis. If it is any consolation though, because of me work I get to class 15-20 minutes late every time. I then take the 45 minute drive home when class is over. However, I would not change that at all. No way, no how.

So good meeting you, Semper Fi and Anchors Away bud.

Latest Discussions