Hello From Michigan

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Scott and welcome. I hope you like it here.

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Right now I am doing a long distance course with John Poliquin my old teacher and getting together with him whenever we can. I say we, because my wife (and training partner) is also getting back into training and we are trying to get a few people together so we have more than each other to train against during the time spent away from Mr. Poliquin. The distance learning is... well, I'm not really sure how to describe it. I would HATE to have somebody with NO background try to do it, and I wouldn't even dream of it without an instructor like John. Before anybody jumps on this wagon and starts to bash this method, please keep in mind, I live in the middle of nowhere when it comes to training opportunities and it is NOT a hands off method on the instructors part. I know he will spend MORE time going over things with us, than with 90% of his students at his home Dojo, simply because any question is spent one-on-one over the phone or over a webcam, and done so until we "get" it. Do I recommend this for everybody? --NO! Is it better than driving 4 or 5 hours once or twice a month to a "real" training facility for an hour or two? --YES. Sometimes, circumstances dictate training methods.

Thanks,
Scott

Reaction score
Scott,
Welcome to MT.
I am located in Metro-Detroit, and teach Tang Soo Do.

Give me a call to get to know each other: 248-561-5700

Yours in Tang Soo Do,

Master Jay S. Penfil

TANG SOO!!!

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT Scott!

I, like Master Penfil, am from the Metro-Detroit area.

Good Luck with the long-distance studying.

Miles

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hi Scott. Welcome to Martial Talk! I look forward to your posts...good move on not being a lurker...lol! :asian:

OP
bydand

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Little update, my family and I are going to be moving back to Maine in the next few weeks. This will get the kiddos back closer to Grandparents (Can't beat family you know) and also get my Wife and I so we can get back with our instructors once again. Looking forward to really getting back into the swing of things again.

Latest Discussions