Hello from Germany

OP
BuckerooBonzai

BuckerooBonzai

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Nice to see someone from Chung Do Kwan on here, I train in Ch'ang Hon / ITF Tae-Kwondo myself. Would you say your training is more sport style or traditional Kukkiwon?

I like to think that it is more traditional style. I started training in the early '90's and had the chance to personally train under GM Lee Tae-Sung for a while and he is what I try to style my training and teaching after. I am not in TKD for the sport aspects myself but I realize that some students are very much into it for that reason.

I personally do not compete anymore but I have some students who do and I try to help them be competitive in the Sport style but that is not my forte.

Jedmus

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I like to think that it is more traditional style. I started training in the early '90's and had the chance to personally train under GM Lee Tae-Sung for a while and he is what I try to style my training and teaching after. I am not in TKD for the sport aspects myself but I realize that some students are very much into it for that reason.

I personally do not compete anymore but I have some students who do and I try to help them be competitive in the Sport style but that is not my forte.

It's good to hear that while you prefer the more traditional side of TKD that you still understand people's interest in it as a sport. it's rare you find someone who doesn't hate on the sports side of it.

I have always been interested in training in Kukkiwon, to see what the main differences are between it and the Ch'ang Hon style I study and see what I can take from it to improve my Tae-Kwondo.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello. I have been practicing TKD for 24 years now and just found this forum. It looks like a great place and I look forward to visiting it often. I have been on Active Duty in the Army for 16 years now and just PCS'd to Germany after four years at West Point. Greetings to all.

Welcome to MT!

Latest Discussions