Hello from Cape Cos and the Massachusetts South Coast.

GPaul

White Belt
Reaction score
Just saying hi as I recently signed up. I've trained nearly 40 years in Aikido, beginning with Ki Society. More recently, I've practiced AAA, ASU and currently, USAF and Iwama. They all have their pluses and minuses. However, the efficacy of the style depends in large part upon the teacher. And BTW, I am not a white belt after 40 years on the mat.

OP
GPaul

GPaul

White Belt
Reaction score
How do I post a profile photo or update my profile. There seems to be no link for this.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!

The "white belt" status has nothing to do with your martial arts rank. It's just a forum feature that updates based on how many posts you have made.

To update your picture, click on your name on the top right hand corner of the page (next to "inbox") and select the "avatar" link. There should also be a link there for updating your profile info.

OP
GPaul

GPaul

White Belt
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk!

The "white belt" status has nothing to do with your martial arts rank. It's just a forum feature that updates based on how many posts you have made.

To update your picture, click on your name on the top right hand corner of the page (next to "inbox") and select the "avatar" link. There should also be a link there for updating your profile info.
Thanks!

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to MT, GPaul (a bit confusing for me - that's my first initial and middle name!). Always good to have a new aiki-oriented person join the fray in here.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Welcome to MT. I trained in AAA some years ago. I am near worcester ma. and know a few people who are in other organizations so I'm sure we have some mutual connections. Maybe I could stop by sometime if you have a dojo.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Welcome to MT.

I grew up on the North Shore, lived awhile near Worcester, almost moved to Barnstable and came darn close to taking a job on Martha's Vineyard.... left the state over 25 years ago

dvcochran

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just saying hi as I recently signed up. I've trained nearly 40 years in Aikido, beginning with Ki Society. More recently, I've practiced AAA, ASU and currently, USAF and Iwama. They all have their pluses and minuses. However, the efficacy of the style depends in large part upon the teacher. And BTW, I am not a white belt after 40 years on the mat.
Welcome to the Forum.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I wish GPaul had stuck around. I was vacationing on Cape Cod when he posted this, we could have had some fun.

inkypaws

White Belt
Reaction score
And BTW, I am not a white belt after 40 years on the mat.

I just started WTF (and this forum) and am not even a white belt yet, so that forum feature gives me the opposite feeling. *snort* Nice to meet you.

Latest Discussions