Hello all

Mountie

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all. New here, obviously. This is the part where I talk about myself, right?

Martial arts background is pretty straightforward. Wasn't allowed to train as a kid, which sucked since I was the smallest/shyest guy in the class. Started training as soon as I left for university, but I had to switch styles a lot as I moved around. Spent 6 years in various striking styles, Tae Kwon Do, kickboxing, karate.

I became a police officer in 2011, and as I got into real fights realize that I never strike anybody, I take them down and control them on the ground. The schools there had too many criminals in attendance, so I trained with other more experienced police officers. I finally transferred to a place where I could train again, I switched to Japanese Ju Jitsu. Been taking that for 2 1/2 years now, has served me very well. Very useful in a street situation.

I'm here hoping to find a place where I can talk about martial arts where nobody has an agenda. My school is closing and I have to switch styles, and everyone I know who likes to talk about martial arts is trying to push me in a different direction. I'm especially disappointed, as I had finally stayed in one place long enough that I was within striking distance of that elusive black belt. My poor wife is dealing with a very grumpy husband.

tomatokilla

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey Mountie, what's happening, I've been inactive in MT for,,,,too long, welcome and hope you find something you like and your boss can deal with! Happy wife = happy life

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, Mountie. :)

Martial D

Senior Master
Reaction score
Ut oh another cop, hide the..

I mean

Good evening officer!

Swanson

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Alot of police officers and elite forces se Krav Maga style
Which I have been doing for quite along period now

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
Greetings all. New here, obviously. This is the part where I talk about myself, right?

Martial arts background is pretty straightforward. Wasn't allowed to train as a kid, which sucked since I was the smallest/shyest guy in the class. Started training as soon as I left for university, but I had to switch styles a lot as I moved around. Spent 6 years in various striking styles, Tae Kwon Do, kickboxing, karate.

I became a police officer in 2011, and as I got into real fights realize that I never strike anybody, I take them down and control them on the ground. The schools there had too many criminals in attendance, so I trained with other more experienced police officers. I finally transferred to a place where I could train again, I switched to Japanese Ju Jitsu. Been taking that for 2 1/2 years now, has served me very well. Very useful in a street situation.

I'm here hoping to find a place where I can talk about martial arts where nobody has an agenda. My school is closing and I have to switch styles, and everyone I know who likes to talk about martial arts is trying to push me in a different direction. I'm especially disappointed, as I had finally stayed in one place long enough that I was within striking distance of that elusive black belt. My poor wife is dealing with a very grumpy husband.

Good luck in your switch, and welcome to the site!

Latest Discussions