Hell in a Handbasket - 1 samurai sword vs 5 in chains and hammers

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
well if some of the democratic liberals have their way it will be the same here in the USA>. the difference is the supreme court of the United States of America has ruled that the cops have no duty to defend you.. YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN IF ATTACKED LEGALLY!! sorry that the same idiotic stuff has taken over in the UK and much of Europe from what I understand... if you dare to hurt the criminal that wants to murder you in most of Europe you will be prosecuted...[/quote]

No you won't, that's a myth.

well that is what an attorney in international law told me... maybe he is wrong ... depending on where you are in Europe.... myself I live in the USA and so will defend myself with the absolute maximum ability i have in line with that ruling~!! .. after that I guess i will have to take my chances with a jury... in some places in europe you do not have that privilege!! ( France and Spain come to mind if no where else... )..and any where the Napoleonic code has rule...) you call it your way.. I will base my actions on how I understand the law to work myself.... I will consult an attorney that has experience in the country's I visit .. as I have in the past.

I know that you will almost always be arrested and held if you dare hurt some one who attacked you in most of the countrys of Europe.. if for no other reason then you are a citizen of the United States of America and they are local citizens.... so figure out how to handle it before you go... you visit their country .. you play by their rules.. as should happen here in the USA regardless of what some of the liberal idiots say!!!
'

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can however get away with murder in France if you can prove it was done in a moment of passion and not planned .They say too you can get away with a murder if it's done during the Mistral, that I could easily believe as it makes most people very short tempered me included!
A common mistake made by many is that the law in another land cannot possibly be fair or as good as theirs. In many cases in can.

Zero

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Is it so wrong to wish for the opportunity of coming across a group a thugs inflicting harm on others, when you for what ever reason happen to have a katana (the real deal with a live blade) in your possession? Does that put one on a par with or even lower than said thugs/hoodlums?

Is it wrong to want to fight injustic and violence being inflicted on others with violence in return? If it is justifiable taking out some thug who's beating on an innocent (or yourself) with a good left hook, is it then unacceptable to want to end a situation by means of a weapon against those already subjecting others to harm through the use of weapons?

It's hard to know what the mysterious plastic/tin foil samurai sword weilding hero's agenda was - if he was another crim with no good intentions, why would he jump into the fray to help the cops?

Bigshadow

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Slow down John Wayne.... :p

Is it so wrong to wish for the opportunity of coming across a group a thugs inflicting harm on others, when you for what ever reason happen to have a katana (the real deal with a live blade) in your possession?

Yes it is wrong to pine for it.

Does that put one on a par with or even lower than said thugs/hoodlums?

Yes, if your intentions are no more righteous (not religious) than theirs was. Ego and vengeance fouls up many people and can cause more harm to self than good.

Is it wrong to want to fight injustic and violence being inflicted on others with violence in return?

Yes "if it is a WANT and not a need". It is OK to use violence, if that is what it takes.

All in my opinion. :)

Latest Discussions