heavy metal thread, part 2

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oh you went and played the Vai card Jim! But I should have known you would from the UV in your avatar. Wanna sell that UV? LOL

I don't have the UV anymore, but I do have a Bartolini loaded VWH handy at all times :) You never know when you're going to have to go off!

7vbart1.JPG

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
How are those Bartolini? Active I assume? Hotter than the Evos? sorry man, but I will never use anything but passive Dimarzios. It's all about the X2N/Super 2 layout.

jim777

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No, they're passive. They're medium low output (between 6.6 and 8), with excellent string separation, so they really make for a perfect fusion/soloing set. They're not great for strumming rhythms, but perfect for soloists. I was able to put away my hollowbody once the Barts were in the Jem. I can still solo with distortion and play along with the occasional DT disk, but jazz and fusion is where I live and these really nail that. Nowhere near as high output as an X2N :)

Yes Ronnie James Dio was a great front man and his voice was awesome to listen too.

Turn it up! :D
[yt]frtJQFe9apw[/yt]

Even better
[yt]nhe1SuBGkiA[/yt]

Last edited:

Omar B

Senior Master
Reaction score
Cool man. I usually use high output (Evo, X2N, Super Dist) but there's a charm and clarity in low and med output (Paf Pro, Air Norton) that i just love.

You got the new Sabbath yet? awesome!