Headbands in Martial Arts training

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
That's what eyebrows are for.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Yes! and but how feasible is it to knit ones eyebrows into a Japanese rising sun design? :D

Cephalopod

Green Belt
Reaction score
Sometimes it gets cold in my sifu's garage so I pop on one of those athletic scull cap deals...
Looks a little less douchy than a headband, no?
899.jpg

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I heard that headbands are useful in keeping sweat out of our eyes and face. I was thinking of getting a headband for my training because of that reason, and because I remember doing some training that required something like that.

For you guys:
1. Would it look silly to wear during training? I know this is subjective, but as a general rule, would it?
2. Where are some decent quality headbands?
3. Which type would you recommend? Tie-on headbands, similar to a bandana or the one on the Karate Kid films, or a regular sports headband?
4. Do either of you guys wear a type of headband when training? If so, how come?

Discuss this among yourselves if you want.
I wore one back when I had very long hair. Too much of an issue having it in my eyes when I'm sparring. Now, I have my hair short, dont have to worry about sweat, so I dont. If its an issue for you, go for it.
As for the type, I honestly can't remember, sorry. It was a basic sports headband though.