Hawaiian Kempo Meeting

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Great Night!
It was nice meeting you all...interesting conversations on the old Villari days....filled in some gaps that now make sense....Good to see Matt, Jesse & Joe again!! Look forward to the next....Would be nice if we could do a workout/cookout before fall.....
Enjoy the day!
jeff,

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all,
As I stated before both Jan and I had a good time. On September 23 my organization is having a Kempo/Kenpo camp. This camp is free of charge for members and guests. I am inviting all of those who attended and their students to attend this camp as my guest. I would ask that you contact me if you are going to attend. If you are going to bring any of your students let me know how many. Check the web site under "training camps".
www.nekick.org
Al C.
:asian:

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Greetings all,
As I stated before both Jan and I had a good time. On September 23 my organization is having a Kempo/Kenpo camp. This camp is free of charge for members and guests. I am inviting all of those who attended and their students to attend this camp as my guest. I would ask that you contact me if you are going to attend. If you are going to bring any of your students let me know how many. Check the web site under "training camps".
www.nekick.org
Al C.
:asian:

Thank you for the invite. I just wrote it on the calendar and hopefully have time to go. Today and tommorow should be the final moves for signing a new lease at a much bigger location. Which needs to be gutted and rebuilt so time constraints will be an issue.
Jesse

KempoShaun

Green Belt
Reaction score
Hey folks! Sorry for posting this so late, I had an AWESOME time at the little gathering and truly enjoyed meeting everyone that attended. For those I've met, it was great seeing you again, for those I didn't, it was a pleasure meeting you. Carol, thank you for your well wishes and prayers, I hope to back on the mat soon. Joe, you know you're like a big brother to me, getting you there and letting you sleep in my guest room was no big deal. Prof. Cunningham, I would love for this to become a staple event for us. I just became an uncle, and I'm going in for an exploratory surgery tomorrow, so my online time is limited, but I'll try and get the few pictures from the event I have posted on my school's website. Peace to all!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sadly no, Professor Joe didn't make it.

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am really disdappointed not to have made it. It soundslike everyone had a great time. Somethingh came up with the children at the last minute. Hopefully another one can be planned before December and we can all get together then.

Respectfully,
Marlon

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm jealous ... wish I could have been there, I'm sure it was a great time had by all. Hoping for the next one, or the next.

LocknBlock

Green Belt
Reaction score
Did Master Bill Chun Jr. attend this event ?? Now he is aperson who was personally taught by Prof. Chow, in Hawaii at Kalihi Valley and by the way he is Hawaiian/Chinese. Now he has a wealth of knowledge of Hawaiian Kenpo/KaraHo. I heard he just might be doing a seminar in Oahu,Hawaii on the leeward side soon, perhaps once the details and particulars are worked out and agreed upon. There are very few left and young enough to have been taught by Professor, he is one of the few left both his father Bill Chun Sr. and himself were personally taught by Professor and did their best to take care of Prof.Chow in his latter years. maybe they are not as reknown as many of the indirect students of KENPO but thats because they were so humble. You people want the real raw KENPO, well go get Master Bill Chun Jr. for a seminar and you will be amazed at his knowledge and ability. If you really knew the Professor, he will be a reminder of Professor Chow. Aloha and mahalo ia oe, aloha ke akua and malama pono.