Hawaiian Kempo Meeting

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I can garuntee one thing, tommorow i scheduled my business meeting to be at Owen O'leary's so i will be able to make a good decision on it. If im not exhausted i will post something tommorow evening. Summer's are great but i double my hours at the dojo so we can have morning and evening classes, and it gets tiring to say the least.
Jesse

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
http://www.owenolearys.com/Natickmain.htm

Here is the link to where we will be having the gathering. I was there tonight. It was a comfortable atmosphere, def. a more free to move around place than John Harvards. I figure we can do what we want when we get there but i reserved us a spot in the pool area. Its not a huge area but has some tables, 2 pool tables, music and games. the place is big enough to wonder around with a large "lounge" area also. Best part for the travelers is that it is in a Hotel. Sooooo.
Saturday July 21st. starting at 4pm
Owen O'Leary's Speen St. Natick.
Can't wait to meet everyone.
In Peace,
Jesse

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Dwyer,
Late this evening, 21:30 hrs, I had to return to my school to get an item. I guess I just missed your phone call. I'll meet up with you in a couple of weeks, this will be an excellent event.
Who has contacted you and said that they would be attending?

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Dwyer,
Late this evening, 21:30 hrs, I had to return to my school to get an item. I guess I just missed your phone call. I'll meet up with you in a couple of weeks, this will be an excellent event.
Who has contacted you and said that they would be attending?

OK
Matt Barnes
Me and my wife
Sensei Jon Evans
GM Cunningham +3
Shawn Seifer
Kenpojoe
Mike ---MJS
TShadowChaser + 1
CTKempo --Todd
Jdokan
Carol Kaur
Marlon
Paul Castagno
Possibly some Kempo people from New Hampshire but they have not given me any def. yet.
Possibly,
Hanshi Seavey
and i Have not heard word from Prof. Shuras.
If i missed anyone or if you are bringing people with you, please let me know so i can make the proper arrangements -- the more the merrier.
In Peace
Jesse
dpkempo.com

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am surprised that Stickarts, Prof. Joe and the crew from Code Cod Martial Arts are not attending.
I might have three more new ones attending.

14 Kempo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I am pretty disappointed that I'm not going to be able to attend, but I think you all will understand once I'm able to post why that is. First of all I can say that part of the reasoning is that I will be attending a tournament in Las Vegas this weekend, so funding is an issue. Secondly, I am in the process of starting up a new business and I've run into some snags that need to be worked through.

Sorry, I was so looking forward to meeting you all. Hopefully this won't be a 'one-time' event.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I am surprised that Stickarts, Prof. Joe and the crew from Code Cod Martial Arts are not attending.
I might have three more new ones attending.

Matt Barnes from the cape will be there But Master Hatch has a prior family engagement. Prof. Joe said he was going to give me a call but i have not heard anything from him.. These summer months are brutal.
Jesse

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

Kosho = steve b will be driving down with John Evans, I also may have 2 of my students coming also.

Also check out my new look web page for my Dojo
www.shaolinkempotraining.com
it is still being worked on but most of it is up...
looking forward to meeting you all. Take care
kosho

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

Kosho = steve b will be driving down with John Evans, I also may have 2 of my students coming also.

kosho

Steve B- great looking site. Cant wait to meet you. My plans to work out with John Evans this summer is looking very grim but only because of good things that will make it almost impossible. I am in negotiations right now on a new location that will be bigger and in a much better spot. Very excited but very nervous.
Jesse

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Has Sensei Frank been invited? Or has he already declined? :(

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Anyone is invited, If sensei Frank knows about it he can come, this is not a closed get together. Carol will you be bringing anyone?
Jesse

I hope to bring my training partner, Andy Moynihan. He wants to come but he's also busy job hunting so his schedule is day to day.

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun get together. I'm in the middle of starting a non profit MA club so I'll be busy for awhile.

I took a look at the map and didn't recognize any of the freeways...
icon10.gif

I'm out here in la la land by hollyweird...
icon6.gif

Boy am I jealous.....
icon10.gif

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Steve B- great looking site. Cant wait to meet you. My plans to work out with John Evans this summer is looking very grim but only because of good things that will make it almost impossible. I am in negotiations right now on a new location that will be bigger and in a much better spot. Very excited but very nervous.

Jesse

Jesse,
Thanks I think we did meet once before in
NJ. with Prof. Ingargiola about 2 years ago, at the weekend seminer events in NJ... anyways I think we did. but, look forward to meeting all of you on the 21st. I did some ground work tonight and did some pain to my left shoulder... The one I had ( 2 ) surgerys on... NOT happy right now. Going to ICE...
P>S> don't Tell Sensei Evans... LOL

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score

Jesse

Jesse,
Thanks I think we did meet once before in
NJ. with Prof. Ingargiola about 2 years ago, at the weekend seminer events in NJ... anyways I think we did. but, look forward to meeting all of you on the 21st. I did some ground work tonight and did some pain to my left shoulder... The one I had ( 2 ) surgerys on... NOT happy right now. Going to ICE...
P>S> don't Tell Sensei Evans... LOL

Well if we met in Atlantic City it will be good to see you again, Things were hectic that weekend, between Prof. I. working his magic and the Japanese contingency walking off to wherever they wanted to go my mind was everywhere -- i guess training all day, enjoying myself all evening and playing poke till the sun came up kindof messed with me. I def. plan on being at the AMA event again in January.
Jesse

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sounds like a fun get together. I'm in the middle of starting a non profit MA club so I'll be busy for awhile.

I took a look at the map and didn't recognize any of the freeways...
icon10.gif

I'm out here in la la land by hollyweird...
icon6.gif

Boy am I jealous.....
icon10.gif

You might have trouble finding it on local maps because we are on opposite sides of the country. If you need any help on the non profit MA club i can lead you on to someone who did it for quit a few years. We taught in the inner city and had state and federal grants that helped pay for the overhead. It was very challenging but also less stress, we had a 3 month waiting list of students to get into the program so if anyone acted up, they were out.
Jesse

Jdokan

Black Belt
Reaction score
Hello,

kosho
I like what you've done...I'm in the mode of trying to develop one now myself.....What was your starting process....have you paid someone? Worked with Godaddy, or spent the many hours of digging up the material to create it yourself??? Any input is greatly appreciated..send PM if you prefer...