Hawaiian Kempo Meeting

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to propose a meeting of all those who are in the Hawaiian Kenpo/Kempo chain lineage. This meeting would be primarily for those who are from this lineage and also post on this or MAP forums. I believe situations develope because no one has really met face to face, to the other we are just a set of words on a forum.
In the past have found that many martial arts schools really have little respect for other schools, the respect given is just verbal not from the heart. After they met and work out and train hard with each other real respect developes.
I am not proposing a work out, what I am suggesting is that we get together, go out, have a good time and in over the course of time casually talk things over. We can meet at any where, I'm know as a taker of chances, are there any other "takers of chances" out there?
Other Kempoists may attend.
:highfive:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Me! Me! :wavey: Count me in!

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to propose a meeting of all those who are in the Hawaiian Kenpo/Kempo chain lineage. This meeting would be primarily for those who are from this lineage and also post on this or MAP forums. I believe situations develope because no one has really met face to face, to the other we are just a set of words on a forum.
In the past have found that many martial arts schools really have little respect for other schools, the respect given is just verbal not from the heart. After they met and work out and train hard with each other real respect developes.
I am not proposing a work out, what I am suggesting is that we get together, go out, have a good time and in over the course of time casually talk things over. We can meet at any where, I'm know as a taker of chances, are there any other "takers of chances" out there?
Other Kempoists may attend.

I'm in. I'm kind of swamped until mid-May, but I'd like to give it a try. I think it's a great idea.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I would like to also. Summer is a better time. and funds are also a issue.
but if it is some what close by i will go... 1 night over stay and about 8 hr drive...
to me is close
kosho

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
July 2007, is this a good time for all of you daring ones?
I was hoping that John Bishop and Dan Weston and a few of the Karazenpo members would attend as well.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be happy to attend. :) I don't have my work schedule that far in advance, so as time draws near, we can finalize things. :)

Mike

Kembudo-Kai Kempoka

Senior Master
Reaction score
The voice of dissent, moi...

It's a nice idea, and perhaps the act of breaking bread together and downing a few brews would help repair some of the rifts. But I doubt it.

I know of, like, 6 guys, each with a claim to the Chow lineage, each sure of their place on the throne, each sure the other guys are pretenders. I've personally met 3 dufferent dudes who claim to have recieved leadership from Mitose while he was in prison, and 2 who claim to have recieved it from him before he went.

I've been a fly on the wall long enough to watch rifts occur in kenpo, kajukenbo, Hawaiian kenpo/kempo, and so on. While I like the idea of making new friends, I don't think any great new truces or agreements are apt to be reached. Doesn't mean it can't be tried, mind you. I'm just a wee bit skeptical.

Best Regards,

Dave

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It can't do any harm, besides, I have faith in my Kempo/Kenpo brothers/sisters.

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
where are you thinking of this great event???????
Kosho

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
It will depend on who will attend. In a few days we will know who will / will not attend then we can all decide on a good / fun location that works for all.
:drinkbeer

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt,
Can you make contact with Master Dwyer and Professor Shuras? If you can would you, ask them if they will consider attending?
It would be appreciated.

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt,
Can you make contact with Master Dwyer and Professor Shuras? If you can would you, ask them if they will consider attending?
It would be appreciated.

If i am around the weekend we do this, i will be there. (July 7th is def. out. Friends wedding 7/7/07) I will contact some of my Kempo/Kenpo school owner friends in NH and Mass and have them attend too. Internet was down at home or I would of responded earlier.
In Peace
Jesse

Joe Shuras

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Gm. Al, Good idea, like you said, 'nothing to lose' and if I may add, 'much to gain', I'm in! - Joe

OP
LawDog

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Master Dwyer, Prof. Shuras, Excellant, the circle is complete.
Lets start with a date.
July 21 - 22.
Is this date good for everyone?
:ultracool

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Matt,
It would be appreciated.

Looks like you already got 'em.

Matt

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A get together like this helps to mend some broken ties and help all that attend get to know each other on a personal face to face bases.
I think this will be a start of something good for all that attend