have you ever heard of "THE RYUKYU KEMPO ALLIANCE"?

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
That is interesting. Is there any public info about why Mr. Amor was expelled?

PS. I note you hail from Japan. To date, there is only one RyuTe dojo located there...correct?

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That is interesting. Is there any public info about why Mr. Amor was expelled?

PS. I note you hail from Japan. To date, there is only one RyuTe dojo located there...correct?

Does there need to be any public info? From what I have seen of Mr. Oyata he is not in the habit of airing his laundry in public. The fact remains that Mr. Amor was asked to leave the Assoc..

Yes, there is one dojo her Japan.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
It's irrelevant to me. But coming on a board, without verifying who you are, without naming your own teacher, and putting out info about Mr. Amor without anything to back it up doesn't do anything to add any weight to your opinions.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
It's irrelevant to me. But coming on a board, without verifying who you are, without naming your own teacher, and putting out info about Mr. Amor without anything to back it up doesn't do anything to add any weight to your opinions.

Actually I did introduce myself in this thread below.

http://www.martialtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53026&page=2

Is it necessary for me to introduce my teacher and style each time I post?

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score

Actually there is more info in my profile than you have in yours.
So may I ask who your teacher is? What style do you train in? Where are you located?

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Natural curiosity...without any names it seems reasonable to be somewhat critical of anonymous posters who state facts without anything to back it up.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Natural curiosity...without any names it seems reasonable to be somewhat critical of anonymous posters who state facts without anything to back it up.

If you look at my post in a different thread you can clearly see I have something to back it up.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Clear as mud. New poster, no name given, directed here by an 'anonymous' (or is is 'banned') teacher to 'clear up' two threads. Without any more detail...it's only natural one would wonder about the veracity of said poster.

I don't see any names in any of the posts anywhere on this website.
As for my background there is some info in my profile and my post in another thread.
Perhaps you would like to start the ball rolling and introduce yourself, your teacher, and your art.

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Actually there is more info in my profile than you have in yours.
So may I ask who your teacher is? What style do you train in? Where are you located?

oooo burn!
:eek:verkill:

ROFL he got you there harlan. You may no longer harrass anonymous newbies until you fill out your profile! hahaha

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
to all

Warning

The rules & policies of MartialTalk are in place to ensure we maintain a FRIENDLY DISCUSSION of the Martial Arts. Please keep the discussion friendly and on topic

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS

ADMIN NOTE:

Please take a moment to review the special rules of The Great Debate forum as they are slightly looser than those of our General Rules - especially newer users.

If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Assist. Administrator

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
That organization is run by Mr. Amor who was expelled from Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. There is no connection between the two associations. Ranks from Mr. Amor's Assoc. will not be honored in Mr. Oyata's. Also, Oyata Shin Shu Ho can only be found in Mr. Oyata’s Assoc.

Mr.Payne is a nice guy, not the best at writting.

This is correct. The current incarnation of Oyata Shin Shu Ho has nothing to do with the Ryubei Ryukyu Kempo Rengo Kai. We don't claim to be apart of that association. Mr.Amors association does not teach any of the Oyata Shin Shu Ho katas. That is out of respect for Oyata Sensei.

As for the the relationship between Mr.Amor and Oyata Sensei and the two associations, that is between those two individuals and thats where it stays. Not anyone else who has some petty political problem with either individual. Its not anyone elses bussiness and if someone has a problem with Mr.Amor or the way he is representing or spreading the art then you can take that up with him.

Mr. Amors assocaiton is friendly with Geraldi Hanshi's organization and the two organizations have friendly meetings (2007 summer camp) This is what Mr.Payne was mentioning in his initial post.

As far as I (a member of Mr.Amors association) know there is no ill will towards the Ryu-te Renmei as is. There may be personal problems between a few individuals, but Mr.Amor still loves and respects Taika Oyata as a individual and a martial artist, as well as many within that association.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with Mr. Amor or with whatever reason he was asked to leave Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. I agree, it’s between the parties involved.
What I have to disagree with and take issue with is folks throwing around Mr. Oyata’s name and making reference to various things concerning him, his style, his teachings or related to what he teaches as if they were directly associated with him or have first hand knowledge of such. This is not only misleading it’s often inaccurate.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS

ADMIN NOTE:

Please take a moment to review the special rules of The Great Debate forum as they are slightly looser than those of our General Rules - especially newer users.

If you have any questions regarding this, feel free to ask.

G Ketchmark / shesulsa
MT Assist. Administrator

I have a question.
Why is it that I was dogged out by a member here for supposedly not stating my training background (actually I did in a different thread they just didn't see it) when they themselves have none. Is this standard SOP for this Forum? Is it necessary for me to state my teacher, styles trained in and years of training in each and every post? I am just wondering since I didn’t see it covered in the Regs for posting here.

harlan

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you referring to me/my previous post? If so, then please let me apologize if I came across as 'dogging' you. I was only seeking to learn more, and my post was inarticulate.

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with Mr. Amor or with whatever reason he was asked to leave Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. I agree, it’s between the parties involved.
What I have to disagree with and take issue with is folks throwing around Mr. Oyata’s name and making reference to various things concerning him, his style, his teachings or related to what he teaches as if they were directly associated with him or have first hand knowledge of such. This is not only misleading it’s often inaccurate.

This is understandable, mainly because of the Dillman situation. Dillman robbed Taika's style and technique names with no right or authority (referring to Ryukyu Kempo, Tuite and Kyusho-jitsu) he has very little to do with Mr.Oyata and the art in general.

Mr.Payne I do not think was at fault in comparing the two in general and there have been some people online who act like they have trained with Taika when they haven't. Then there are those who are out to represent the style who are not in the Ryu-te Renmei. His actual students who are not currently associated with his association (Geraldi Hanshi, Amor Kaicho, Shintaku Sensei) were all at one point very very close to Taika. Does that mean because that closeness is no longer there, they have no idea what they are talking about in terms of his teachings? Their students learn as Taika taught them Ryukyu Kempo (Ryu-te)

Are you saying, sir, that the kihon, kata, kobudo, bunkia (tutie, atemi, and kyusho) are less legititmately practised then in the Ryu-te Renmei? Now this becomes a discussion of technical ability then politics. Everyone in both Hanshi Geraldi and Amor Kaichos association all revere Taika and his karate. Otherwise we would not continue to practise it. We would simply practise another art.

OkinawaPeichin

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
This is understandable, mainly because of the Dillman situation. Dillman robbed Taika's style and technique names with no right or authority (referring to Ryukyu Kempo, Tuite and Kyusho-jitsu) he has very little to do with Mr.Oyata and the art in general.

Mr.Payne I do not think was at fault in comparing the two in general and there have been some people online who act like they have trained with Taika when they haven't. Then there are those who are out to represent the style who are not in the Ryu-te Renmei. His actual students who are not currently associated with his association (Geraldi Hanshi, Amor Kaicho, Shintaku Sensei) were all at one point very very close to Taika. Does that mean because that closeness is no longer there, they have no idea what they are talking about in terms of his teachings? Their students learn as Taika taught them Ryukyu Kempo (Ryu-te)

Are you saying, sir, that the kihon, kata, kobudo, bunkia (tutie, atemi, and kyusho) are less legititmately practised then in the Ryu-te Renmei? Now this becomes a discussion of technical ability then politics. Everyone in both Hanshi Geraldi and Amor Kaichos association all revere Taika and his karate. Otherwise we would not continue to practise it. We would simply practise another art.

True, the first paragraph we agree on.

The second paragraph I would like to add that there are even people on this Web Forum that would like others to think they have a connection to Mr. Oyata. I have read through some of the past posts about Mr. Oyata and one individual even claimed he was in the process of joining the Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. Which wasn’t true. This kind of posing and passing along misinformed information is what I wished to clarify on this Forum.

In every association there will be those with skill and those without. Mr. Geraldi left on his own accord from what I am told and I have heard only good things about. Regarding the other two people I haven’t heard any flattering remarks since both were asked to leave Mr. Oayata’s Assoc. for various reasons. Mr. Shintaku was basically “homeless” and lived out of the Head Quarters dojo teaching kendo and Japanese Language Lessons. After his falling out he seems to have created his own system of fighting arts and calls himself “Doshu”. A title he gave himself. Which I find amusing because I have seen him and didn’t think much of his fighting skill in fact most senior people in Mr. Oyata’s Org. could break him like a bread stick.

truth_seeker87

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
True, the first paragraph we agree on.

The second paragraph I would like to add that there are even people on this Web Forum that would like others to think they have a connection to Mr. Oyata. I have read through some of the past posts about Mr. Oyata and one individual even claimed he was in the process of joining the Mr. Oyata’s Assoc. Which wasn’t true. This kind of posing and passing along misinformed information is what I wished to clarify on this Forum.

In every association there will be those with skill and those without. Mr. Geraldi left on his own accord from what I am told and I have heard only good things about. Regarding the other two people I haven’t heard any flattering remarks since both were asked to leave Mr. Oayata’s Assoc. for various reasons. Mr. Shintaku was basically “homeless” and lived out of the Head Quarters dojo teaching kendo and Japanese Language Lessons. After his falling out he seems to have created his own system of fighting arts and calls himself “Doshu”. A title he gave himself. Which I find amusing because I have seen him and didn’t think much of his fighting skill in fact most senior people in Mr. Oyata’s Org. could break him like a bread stick.

There will be lots who claim to be in Mr.Oyatas association and those who will actually be representing the art the man brought to ..basically the world. Anyone who uses the terminology Kyusho or Tuite owes that to Taika Oyata.

Who makes the better representation: the man who has all the patchs, certificates and logos saying "I am in Taika Oyata's Association, and I represent him and his style and no one who isn't wearing this doesn't" or the man who practises everyday and lives the Dojo Kun and Guiding Principles, who isn't with the assocaiton anymore but continues on the beaten path regardless?

This isn't aimed at anyone inparticular, however which is the better representation of Oyata Sensei's teaching?

As for Shintaku Sensei and his own 'art'... it is what it is. He decided to do his own thing. I am really not sure where he got his titles from, not sure why he decided to start doing what he is doing. It doesn't really look like he is teaching Oyata Sensei's art anymore, leaning more towards post ww2 aikido and goju-ryu. I have heard he is/was a very talented student, but I have never met him, never felt any of his techniques. I would not speak badly about anyones skill until I have seen what they can do.

As for the departure of both him and Mr.Amor from the Ryu-te Renmei, that seems to be purely political. Again it is between Oyata Sensei and those two individuals, and quite frankly people don't get spoken of well in Associations they were formly apart of. Again I do not believe there is any ill will towards the Ryu-te Renmei in Mr.Amor's association.

Latest Discussions