Hats off to all

MaxiMe

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I just did a little training with a friend (bjj artist) (me TKD).
Nice to see and do something a little different.

So hats off to other artists.

Those Bjj guys have a few nice tricks up their sleeves.

Cyriacus

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hehe - BJJ and standard JJ are very interesting, i find.

In fact, from what ive seen, some of the grappling we learn where i train (TKD), the techniques are highly comparable to those in JJ.

Its always nice to see people, trained to move and reflexively engage in a totally different way to yourself :)

chinto

Senior Master
Reaction score
BJJ very good if you are staying on the ground. personally I would not want to stay there in a real altercation, but I love watching a couple BJJ practitioners work. its like watching a really intense chess match! a lot of skill and thinking to win. besides the conditioning that is killer for most BJJ practitioners!

I just would prefer the JJ version, they do not stay down but again its what I would choose for me. But then every art has something they do in an interesting way. different doctrine and different strategy, and tactics to get to the same place.

only so many ways up the mountain. sooner or latter you end up in a similar place. most of the sport oriented ones are more for one on one though, and most of the older ones do take into consideration that its often not one on one in a self defense situation.