Happy Thanksgiving Canadians!!

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I don't *think* anyone has posted this yet.....but if so....sorry for the repeat!

Just wanted to remember to say this (for tomorrow) so I don't forget. Hope all our Canadian buddies on here have a great day!! My hubby is Canadian and I try not to forget the holiday every year and make him a special meal (we both live in the USA now).

Have a good one!! :)

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yeah, it's great living so close to Canada up here. With so many Canadian friends we all get to have 2 Thanksgivings every Fall. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends here!

It's also nice in July when they have their fireworks on the 1st and then we have ours the 4th. Kids love that.

exile

To him unconquered.
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah, it's great living so close to Canada up here. With so many Canadian friends we all get to have 2 Thanksgivings every Fall. Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends here!

It's also nice in July when they have their fireworks on the 1st and then we have ours the 4th. Kids love that.

Thanks, Bydand. We try to get together w/some of our fellow Canadians here for Thanksgiving every year---not very practical to fly back to Vancouver for the weekend to get together w/family. So Happy Thanksgiving to you too, eh? :)

exile

To him unconquered.
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I don't *think* anyone has posted this yet.....but if so....sorry for the repeat!

Just wanted to remember to say this (for tomorrow) so I don't forget. Hope all our Canadian buddies on here have a great day!! My hubby is Canadian and I try not to forget the holiday every year and make him a special meal (we both live in the USA now).

Have a good one!! :)

Hi Shodan---missed your thread start post---thanks very much and Happy Canadian Thanksgiving to you!

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks Shodan for the greetings! And Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone celebrating today!

SFC JeffJ

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, eh?

Is there any historical signifigance to the date that your Thanksgiving is on?

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The date has changed a bit over time.

In Canada Thanksgiving is celebrated on the second Monday in October. Unlike the American tradition of remembering Pilgrims and settling in the New World, Canadians give thanks for a successful harvest. The harvest season falls earlier in Canada compared to the United States due to the simple fact that Canada is further north.

More here.

wee_blondie

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I'm doing a turkey for my dad and bro today! We might be on the other side of the ocean to the rest of our family; but we can still join in and be glad we have each other.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The first American Thanksgiving was a harvest festival; over time, the meaning has changed to include other reasons for giving thanks. No matter the reason, enjoy the holiday!

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Happy Thanksgiving, Eh? :) :)

Latest Discussions