Happy Birthday, Star Trek!

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ah yes....the Famous Klingon K'leavege. Made possible due to the K'ross yer K'heart uniform. :)

It's able to upgrade a scout to a DD7 heavy cruiser! LOL!

OP
OnlyAnEgg

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watched Generations the other night. Giggled my silly head off at Data as he was getting used to the new emotion ship in him he was asked by the Captain to scan for life forms and he starts to sing...

Life forms!
You tiny little life forms!
You precious little life forms!
Where ...
are ...
you? .......

I wet my pants during that scene, too cause the bips and beeps from his panel where in tune with the song!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Another funny Trek scene, which is where I got my current sig:

Last edited by a moderator:

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
There is a Big Auction coming up of Star Trek memoribilia.

They are predicting that Picard's flute will sell for between $600.00 & $1,000.00. I would pay three times that amount. I believe the episode is called 'Inner Light'. Regardless of the episode name, I believe it is the best hour of television ever made. My one wish, is that it was a two hour episode. Too much story, in not enough time.

Well, I wouldn't even have gotten close (Imagine that).

The OPENING bid on the Ressikan Flute was $13,000.00 The Final Bid price was $40,000.00. Add to that the closing fees and buyer's premium, and the flute was out that door for $48,000.00.

It makes one wonder how Christie's Auction House could be so wrong in their estimates. Did they low ball the numbers, hoping to get an extra news cycle? Or are they just incompetent when it comes to Star Trek?

The total auction brought in more than $7,000,000.00

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Inner_Light_(TNG_episode)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I would love to have that flute. Maybe someday when I become independently wealthy. :) I agree MichaelEdward, it was one of the best episodes ever.

Don Roley

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
It makes one wonder how Christie's Auction House could be so wrong in their estimates. Did they low ball the numbers, hoping to get an extra news cycle? Or are they just incompetent when it comes to Star Trek?

The later I think. But you can hardly blame them. All the start trek fans I know who would spend 48,000 dollars for a Ressikan Flute are not people I would suspect actually had 48,000 dollars.

Are Warren Buffet and Bill Gates closet trekers?

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
So, I'm back stuck in a hotel room in Fargo, ND. Expecting Snow tonight, Oh, Joy. They got Spike TV on the tele ... thisafternoon ... back to back 'Reunification I & II' is being broadcast.

It is a Good Day.

Picard, Sarek, Spock, Klingons, Romulans.

Hope, anti-prejudice, politics.

It IS a Good Day.

EDIT ---- AND --- Klingon Opera ---- Woo Hoo ---- END EDIT