Happy Birthday, Star Trek!

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
We should all do our best Bill Shatner impersonations today to celebrate!

Don't.....make....FUN ofWilliamShatner's-cadence. It...was....unique -- a style-all-his-own. One..we...SHALL rememberevermore.

Who here besides me thinks Hugo Weaving attended Bill Shatner's Acting School before doing his Agent Smith performance in The Matix?

(BTW: if you haven't seen the William Shatner Celebrity roast yet and don't mind hearing a LOT of homosexuality jokes -- George Takai was present -- then you may want to check it out. Some fairly funny moments there.)

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
Didn't Mork from Ork have the same hand jester as Spock?

*flashes Spelling and Usage Nazi badge*

Excuse me sir, I need to speak with you a moment.

Unless you were trying to be punny, I think you mean "gesture."

*scrawls something illegible on citation pad, tears off a sheet and hands it to Nevada_MO_Guy*

I'm going to let you off with just a warning, but I suggest you keep an eye on your homonyms. Have a nice day.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Don't really have a favorite episode as much as a favorite line:

From Star Trek IV: The Voyage home where Spock and Kirk are walking through L.A and the cabby calls him a dumb ***.

Kirks reply: "Yeah, well double-dumb *** on you!"

Love that line! :lfao:

Or when Spock asks "Isn't it time for a colorful metaphor"???

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
My personal favorites:

TOS (a stretch, since I hated this series): The Trouble with Tribbles
TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise, The Best of Both Worlds, parts 1 and 2, Ensign Ro (the title character was my favorite)
DS9 (my favorite Trek): Duet, the first three episodes of the second season (The Homecoming, The Circle, The Siege), Blood Oath, The Visitor, Trials and Tribble-lations, The Magnificant Ferengi (one of THE funniest Trek episodes, ever), Take Me Out to the Holosuite, the final nine episodes that wrapped up the Dominion War...just to name a few
Voyager: Didn't like this series too much, but I liked the "Q" episodes - Death Wish, The Q and the Grey, and Q2
Enterprise: HATED IT!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Or when Spock asks "Isn't it time for a colorful metaphor"???

Though I don't like TOS, I did like the movies (except Star Trek: The Motion Sickness...I mean Picture). Spock had some funny lines. Kirk trying to teach him "Row, row, row your boat" during The Final Frontier was one of the funniest movie moments.

Another hilarious Trek movie moment was Deanna Troi getting drunk during First Contact:

"Timeline? This is no time to argue about time, we DON'T HAVE THE TIME!" *pause* "What was I saying?"

FearlessFreep

Senior Master
Reaction score
That's "Star Trek: The Motionless Picture"

Gotta agree with Michael on the episode where Picard learns to play the flute while living a lifetime in a few minutes... Great episode (and my wife and I reply variations of the scene where Picard's wife tells his friend to go home and he just says "yes ma;am"...sometimes you just do what you're told...)

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
I'm going to let you off with just a warning, but I suggest you keep an eye on your homonyms. Have a nice day.
Thanks for that :)

I prefer the yello Homonyms over the white, with a little butter and salt..hmmm.
hominy.jpg

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Another Star Trek moment I personally enjoy immensely is Data singing at Troi and Riker's wedding.

Corny but completely entertaining. :)

ArmorOfGod

Senior Master
Reaction score
I heavily border on being a hardcore trekkie. Believe it or not, VOY was my favorite of all of the Treks. While it was really TNG lite, something about it made me attach emotionally to that crew getting home.

By the way, I have lots of links relating to Klingon martial arts if anyone wants me to list them.

AoG

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's "Star Trek: The Motionless Picture"

Gotta agree with Michael on the episode where Picard learns to play the flute while living a lifetime in a few minutes... Great episode (and my wife and I reply variations of the scene where Picard's wife tells his friend to go home and he just says "yes ma;am"...sometimes you just do what you're told...)

I always loved the way they said good bye in that episode ...

"Go softly, Batai".

And, from The Voyage Home ...
Spock ...
'They like you very much, but they are not, the hell your whales.'

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And just look at all the devices we use in everyday life and our world.

Flip cell phones, wireless ear peices, full body medical scans, etc.

Science Fiction is often the precurser to science fact. :D

I really enjoyed the Homage they did to Star Trek on Futurama, where the energy cloud has captured the heads of the actors so it could have a star Trek convention:

Attachments

• $200px-Futurama_trek.jpg
    $200px-Futurama_trek.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 186

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I also loved in star trek 4 when
spock says out of the blue "Gracie is pregnant" and the car comes to a screeching stop!

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
Remember that episode were the crew from Star Trek DS9 went back in time and interacted with the crew from the original Star Trek on Space Station K-7, with the little fuzzy tribbles and the two different looking klingons?

Worf was there and the original Klingons were there and the DS9 fellows asked Worf why the klingons looked different and he said...........

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
Remember that episode were the crew from Star Trek DS9 went back in time and interacted with the crew from the original Star Trek on Space Station K-7, with the little fuzzy tribbles and the two different looking klingons?

Worf was there and the original Klingons were there and the DS9 fellows asked Worf why the klingons looked different and he said...........

"Yes, they are Klingons...it is something we do not talk about with outsiders!"

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score

You think I remember what Worf said? Bah, I'm too busy looking at Jadzia Dax in a TOS female uniform, what were they thinking getting rid of that particular ensemble? A mini skirt and go-go boots just about commands respect!

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
You think I remember what Worf said? Bah, I'm too busy looking at Jadzia Dax in a TOS female uniform, what were they thinking getting rid of that particular ensemble? A mini skirt and go-go boots just about commands respect!

BAH...you are such a...guy. :whip:

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
BAH...you are such a...guy. :whip:

Yes, yes I am.

I seem to recall reading a Next Generation book that had a thoughtline from Riker that went something like: "there is something about a Star Fleet uniform that makes a woman look like a boy."

But Jadzia was my favorite character from that show, I loved her relationship with Sisko, and her later marriage to Worf. Can you blame me if I wondered how far down the spots went?

Lamont

Nevada_MO_Guy

Green Belt
Reaction score
I seem to recall reading a Next Generation book that had a thoughtline from Riker that went something like: "there is something about a Star Fleet uniform that makes a woman look like a boy."
It does seem a bit different from the female Klingon uniform.

betor2smll.jpg

lursa.gif

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I watched Generations the other night. Giggled my silly head off at Data as he was getting used to the new emotion ship in him he was asked by the Captain to scan for life forms and he starts to sing...

Life forms!
You tiny little life forms!
You precious little life forms!
Where ...
are ...
you? .......