hapkido training dummy? ?

Sayres2878

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello all. Im new to this site. Ive been looking for a training dummy to practice joint locks on. I need something with anatomically correct joints in the wrist elbow and shoulder. Does anyone know if anything like this exists? I know a human is the best to practice with but when at home I need something to help. TIA scott

marysson

White Belt
Reaction score
I wish...let us know if you find one. I've often imagined it would be cool to have.

OP
S

Sayres2878

White Belt
Reaction score
Lolol not quite the response I'd hope for.. but I see the difficulty here..

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Practicing joint locks on a dummy would be a waste of time. It's not currently possible for a dummy to replicate the function and responses of the human body.

jezr74

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DD is right, but as has been advised before, would be handy for the gross movement memory. I have actually contemplated putting a jumper on my bob and sewing stuffed arms into it just to remember the movements, when training is more focused on other aspects.

Sounds a little weird to do looking at it in writing, but short of having a training partner to practice at home, I think it would be handy.

Instructor

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Practicing joint locks on a dummy would be a waste of time. It's not currently possible for a dummy to replicate the function and responses of the human body.

This... Make a martial arts friend and practice together, it's far more effective. Hapkido brings people together!

Latest Discussions