Halloween movies

Satt

Black Belt
Reaction score
"THE RABBIT!!!" in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :uhohh: Not THAT'S scary. RUN A-WAY!!!!!!!

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ok...I have to add Saw and Saw II to my list. They will now be perennial favorites!

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
bignick said:
I'm still a fan of the Blair Witch, honestly...I've spent a lot of time camping and in the woods and I really connect with that type of psychological scare...

i think its a great movie myself, i decided not to watch it when it was released because of the huge hype, but when i did watch it i loved it.

ed-swckf

Black Belt
Reaction score
At the moment i am still enjoyiong a lot of the japanese horror films like ju-on and the ring movies.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ed-swckf said:
At the moment i am still enjoyiong a lot of the japanese horror films like ju-on and the ring movies.

I bought Audition yesterday. That was a real creepfest for me. KiriKiriKiri

OUMoose

Trying to find my place
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Seems to be a love it or hate it one... I didn't even make it to the end.
I fell asleep.

Have yet to see Saw or Saw II. From the preview, Saw II looked like another spin on "House on Haunted Hill", but I could be wrong. I'll probably rent it sooner or later. :)

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
Seems to be a love it or hate it one... I didn't even make it to the end.

Yeah, there isn't a whole lot of middle ground....and I can definitely see why a lot of people didn't like it...but it just triggers something in my head...

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Spoiler on BWP

I didn't like The Blair Witch Project but it's one of my wife's favorite movies. I will say that the very last scene was scary though; that moment when Heather saw her friend standing in the corner...that moment when you know you're about to die. That was scarier than a lot of slasher type films.

Personally, I thought it was scary watching Samara crawl out of the television screen toward the end of The Ring. It's been overdone now but it was creepy at the moment.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I was terrified ater seeing "attack of the Clones" and "The Matrix Reloaded"...The idea that there was 2 more bombs coming and nothing could stop it!

Navarre

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Sadly, very true.

Revenge of the Sith was fairly good but nothing could excuse the psychological scars left by Jar Jar Binks.

The Kai

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Sadly allthough you could destroy his physical, he is strong in the force "Mesa still Heresa"

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm...

Scary Movie 1, 2 & 3

But, my favorite is "Wacko". Gotta love a lawnmower killer. :D
Wish it was available in the US on dvd.

Shodan

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Yes, indeed.......the rabbit in the Holy Grail movie is terrifying......as is the cave monster.......

Silence of the Lambs never ceases to frighten me.......Anthony Hopkins does a great job- plus, I used to work in a psych. ward and they wheeled someone in on one of those boards with a straight jacket and a mouth guard one night while I was working on the seclusion unit and it gave me the creeps!! I thought........well, here comes Hannibal Lecter (sp?).......great!!

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Satt said:
"THE RABBIT!!!" in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :uhohh: Not THAT'S scary. RUN A-WAY!!!!!!!

Bring Forth the Holy Handgrenade of Arioch ;)

Icewater

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Vapire Hunter D
Evil Dead
Poltergeist
Scream

come to mind...

Gin-Gin

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Kai said:
Sadly allthough you could destroy his physical, he is strong in the force "Mesa still Heresa"
:rofl:
MA-Caver said:
a little seen/known video of Barbara Bush singing "I Touch Myself" by the Dvynils. (just kidding... but wouldn't that be scary eh?) :barf:
That's just wrong on so many levels..... *shudders*

Love the Devil Penguin & all of the Halloween avatars! :)

Old & New Faves (all original versions of the film unless otherwise stated): Nosferatu, Phantom of the Opera, Dracula, The Black Cat, The Mummy, The Omen 1 & 2, The Exorcist (first one only), Halloween I & II, Prom Night, Army of Darkness, Evil Dead, Scream (first one only), Scary Movie 1 & 2,The Blair Witch Project [except there was too much "hand held" - I got a headache & nausea from the camera bobbing up & down so much]:(, & The Ring. I'm not quite ready to see The Ring 2 or Saw just yet...