Halloween movies

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
So what are the favorites? Army of Darkness and Shawn of the Dead win for me :D Recent Dawn of the Dead was kinda funny too... Simpsons House of Horrors episodes are a must :D How about the rest of you?

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:
So what are the favorites? Army of Darkness and Shawn of the Dead win for me :D Recent Dawn of the Dead was kinda funny too... Simpsons House of Horrors episodes are a must :D How about the rest of you?

Evil Deads - Absolutely.
Hellraiser 1 & 2
I want to see Saw 2 for this year
and
(Of course)
Nightmare Before Christmas.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Shawn of the Dead was pretty funny, but The Nightmare Before Christmas is a favorite.

I was less taken with Corpse Bride.

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you like Army Of Darkness and Shawn of the Dead you should check out "Undead"

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I'm watching American Psycho and Amtyville Horror(Ryan Reynolds) this weekend, But that's just because I was jonesing for some horror and Christian Bale movies.

OP
A

Andrew Green

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Martial arts forum and none of us have mentioned "The Crow" we should be ashamed :)

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Old Favs: Phantom Of the Opera (Lon Chaney... it's silent okay?). The Wolfman (Lon Chaney Jr.), Dracula, Frankenstein, Creature From The Black Lagoon, War Of the Worlds (original please) and Abbott and Costello Meet: The Killer and A&C Meet Frankenstein.

New Favs: The Thing (John Carpenter), Saw, Poltergiest, The Ring, Ringu, The Grudge, Jo-Gyu (The Grudge/Curse), Nightmare Before Christmas and a little seen/known video of Barbra Bush singing "I Touch Myself" by the Dvynils. (just kidding... but wouldn't that be scary eh?) :barf:

-vampfeed- Happy Halloween ya'll!

Oh and Solidman82... if you figure out American Psycho... clue me in.. because I can't figgure that one out at all... sheesh :rolleyes:

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Oh and Solidman82... if you figure out American Psycho... clue me in.. because I can't figgure that one out at all... sheesh :rolleyes:
He's crazy, everything that happened in the movie was a figment of his imagination. I found it really quite humerous though, the whole movie(I watched it uncut) especially the "flexing in the mirror with the hookers" scene. Gave me a chuckle. I couldn't help but think that Stewie Griffin from family guy was based on Pat Bateman though

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
He's crazy, everything that happened in the movie was a figment of his imagination. I found it really quite humerous though, the whole movie(I watched it uncut) especially the "flexing in the mirror with the hookers" scene. Gave me a chuckle. I couldn't help but think that Stewie Griffin from family guy was based on Pat Bateman though
Yeah, I kinda figgured that myself but wasn't wholly sure... just a pretty messed up flick... definitely NOT on my top 10/20/50 list anywhere... or on any of my list... it could've been done MUCH better IMO.

lonecoyote

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Nosferatu-saw the 1922 version on a big screen at a college film festival where the usually raucous crowd was actually brought to silence by the fact that this is a scary as heck movie. You know what, with all the remakes of movies coming out, like the amityville horror, and the fog, some channels are replaying the 70s versions and they hold up pretty well.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andrew Green said:

Watership Down - those bunnies are scary
All the Claymation Christmas stuff done before Nightmare . . .
Richie Rich

Oh you mean the horror genre versus movies that scare me :D

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
lonecoyote said:
Nosferatu-saw the 1922 version on a big screen at a college film festival where the usually raucous crowd was actually brought to silence by the fact that this is a scary as heck movie. You know what, with all the remakes of movies coming out, like the amityville horror, and the fog, some channels are replaying the 70s versions and they hold up pretty well.
Noseratu is a definite classic and still as chilling today as it was way back when. My father still has good memories of his dates digging their nails into his arms when they went to go see it. Same with the wonderfully done Phantom Of The Opera with Lon Chaney, my dad said that one of his dates actually fainted when Christine ripped off the mask.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm still a fan of the Blair Witch, honestly...I've spent a lot of time camping and in the woods and I really connect with that type of psychological scare...

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Same here Nick. Still goves me shudders thinking that there could be someone out there watching me at any given time and I wouldn't have a clue. But the thing I didn't like about the BWP is that the actors sometimes act too much. That sounds like a dumb thing to say but the thing that gripped me is that they were supposed to be real people, and sometimes, they just gave away they they were acting.

bignick

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
**** SPOILERS ****

yeah...but they still do a pretty damn good job....it was interesting how it was filmed too...none of the actors knew what the other's "script" was and they'd periodically get to check points in the wodds where they had directions for things to do or how to act...

And the time that Josh disappeared and they heard him screaming he got instructions to sneak out and meet the crew and then a couple days later they had him walk around in the middle of the night screaming...and parts like that just came off as so real...

Also, I still say there is nothing creepier than the night they were in the tent and they hear little children laughing and playing outside their tent...how scary would that be if you camping out and heard that in the middle of the night...I'd crawl back in my sleeping bag, crap my pants, and go back to bed....which is oddly enough pretty much what happened when I woke up with a big bear outside my tent at 3 in the morning...

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
Same here Nick. Still goves me shudders thinking that there could be someone out there watching me at any given time and I wouldn't have a clue. But the thing I didn't like about the BWP is that the actors sometimes act too much. That sounds like a dumb thing to say but the thing that gripped me is that they were supposed to be real people, and sometimes, they just gave away they they were acting.
Heh... someone? How about some-thing? In my (much) younger days I've had experiences with some-thing in the woods (day and night) and my camping has had a couple experiences along the .... unusual. Still one time at about 9700 feet in the mountians I braved the night enough to sleep in a hammock with my sleeping bag... a few feet off the ground... having something big bump into it to set me swinging was enough to go buy a new sleeping bag.

Sometimes... it's fun to be scared... others... you're like... damn where's my gun?

Solidman82

Purple Belt
Reaction score
**** SPOILERS ****

Yeah that would be liveable if it wasn't for the fact that the tent started getting attacked right after that from all sides. Scary as hell.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Solidman82 said:
**** SPOILERS ****

Yeah that would be liveable if it wasn't for the fact that the tent started getting attacked right after that from all sides. Scary as hell.
Like I said... "where the hell is my gun?"