Had to drop out of classes awhile.

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Due to a sudden lack of funds I had to drop out on my school. I've been taking a weekly private lesson for two years. I hated to quit but I just can't afford it right now. Told my instructor what was up and he understood. Honestly I think I need to time off to review what I've learned on my own. My instructor sells tapes of him going through each belt and I have all of the ones for the belts I have done so I can use those and my notes for review, but I'll miss the classes and just being at the school.
I'll be back!

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh, man, that really sucks. Well, all you can really do at this point is just keep working on your own, working the basics and what not. Try to stay sharp so that you haven't lost your edge when you get back. Good luck. :asian:

OP
INDYFIGHTER

INDYFIGHTER

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Flatlander said:
Oh, man, that really sucks. Well, all you can really do at this point is just keep working on your own, working the basics and what not. Try to stay sharp so that you haven't lost your edge when you get back. Good luck. :asian:
Thanks Flatlander. My cousin is a few belts ahead of me and after the New Year and things settle down we're going to set aside a night to train. I won't be out long.

P

peligro1

My funds were so short once, I had to drop out of class altogether for about a year. I just trained with some of my friends and it was the best and most intense year of training ever.

TChase

Green Belt
Reaction score
INDYFIGHTER said:
Due to a sudden lack of funds I had to drop out on my school. I've been taking a weekly private lesson for two years. I hated to quit but I just can't afford it right now. Told my instructor what was up and he understood. Honestly I think I need to time off to review what I've learned on my own. My instructor sells tapes of him going through each belt and I have all of the ones for the belts I have done so I can use those and my notes for review, but I'll miss the classes and just being at the school.
I'll be back!

I would think after 2 years he would try to make some arrangement with you so you wouldn't have to leave. Something like discounted lessons, helping to teach, cleaning the school, etc. Maybe you could talk to him about it.

chinto01

Black Belt
Reaction score
I like the idea that TChase has. Maybe talk a little more to him and see what he says. I think we all may have been down this road at one point in our training. Don't give up either way. Stay with it and one day you will be able to go back!

TigerWoman

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would talk to the instructor too about helping the school in return for lessons. As a high blue, I gave cardiokick-kickboxing lessons which gave intro to TKD, it was good exercise and good income for the school.

Besides, It takes someone else to drive you and direct you beyond what you normally would do alone. Also, as alot of people have pointed out on other threads, it is difficult to find the time to train by yourself. There are alot of reasons that could get in your way. TW

Sin

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
TigerWoman said:
I would talk to the instructor too about helping the school in return for lessons. As a high blue, I gave cardiokick-kickboxing lessons which gave intro to TKD, it was good exercise and good income for the school.

Besides, It takes someone else to drive you and direct you beyond what you normally would do alone. Also, as alot of people have pointed out on other threads, it is difficult to find the time to train by yourself. There are alot of reasons that could get in your way. TW

Yeah she has a good point

Try and see if you can make another form of payment

I.E.; Cleaning the dojo. Odd jobs etc

M

markulous

I made my Sifu a computer and now I get lessons for free. :ultracool