• Bad

• Only own one for protection of me/family

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evenflow1121

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Celebrities may be exposed to a lot of things, they are also over privileged in many ways. One thing does not offset the other, but when someone with absolutely no clue on an issue decides to stick his or her face in front of a camera and tell me how I should live my life simply because they are from Hollywood, without any regards to the trials and tribulations of middle class America, well I sort of have a problem with that. There are some guys out there that are worth listening to, obviously according to your political beliefs: Charlie Sheen, Shawn Penn, and Arnold are a few that come to mind I respect them for truly believing in their ideals, but it seems most are just pre-occupied with having a camera on their faces, and I for one am turned off by that. That is not to say that they dont have a voice, of course they do, but with respect to issues like this I just rather not hear what most of them have to say.

In any event, back to the topic, I dont want to own a gun, but I dont think that guns should be banned.

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Agreed (excetping that I do want to, and in fact do, own several firearms ;) )

Gray Phoenix

Green Belt
Reaction score
Guns are neither Good nor Bad. Although I did vote Good. Guns are not alive. They are no different than any other tool. They have more uses other than hunting and killing (self defense or otherwise). Sport, Competition, Collection are just some things I use my various shooting irons for. An inanimate object gains the hate of some people because it is thought to be easier to control than the guy who has it.

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good lord, it popped up again...

this thread is 2.5 years old, and as I stated in my other post on this thread (#76) the question the poll asks is dumb to begin with. Can a Mod just lock this and let it die?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
If nobody posts in it, it will die. By your posting you brought it forward to the New Posts list.

-Michael

What actually keeps happening is that new people vote in the poll, bringing the thread back to the top....

Paul

OP
T

TonyM.

and reminding everyone that mass murderers like hitler, stalin and mao all agree. Gun control works.

OP
C

CrankyDragon

This one time, in band camp....

Wait, thats another story.

Once I was hammering a nail. I squashed my thumb with the hammer. It was my conclusion it was the hammer's fault. Analogy to examin. :)

Kenpoist

Green Belt
Reaction score
My gun is my work tool (law enforcement) --so it is a tool I need to come home safely to my family each night. With gun ownership come's great reponsibility. Gunowner's should have proper training (hunter's safety/ concealed weapons safety courses etc..). to avoid those "accidental discharges" - which biols down to misuse and irresponsibility!

Please use your child safety locks and gun safes - Keep your kids safe!

Mr.Rooster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
In the U.S., in my humble opinion, I believe a citizen who is law abiding [no felonies or violent crimes] and is in possession of good mental hygiene [no mental issues that require medication] he/she ought to be allowed to carry concealed nationwide.

Mr.Rooster

Orange Belt
Reaction score
tsdclaflin:

Of course I like what you posted there and agree.
I just think it is obvious that it's a good thing when you look at the states that allow carry concealed, the crime rates in those states tend to drastically decrease and also that is fairly quickly. I just don't see any justification against it. It almost seems like the anti gun group would rather us all be victims and stand by while we get bent over.

CrowJS

White Belt
Reaction score
Firearms are neither good nor bad. They are tools. As with all tools, you must follow the applicable safety rules or you increase the danger of harming yourself or someone else.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have not found a tool I did not like.
icon10.gif

airdawg

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I've had jobs that have required several different "Tools"

Raiderbeast

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Good.. I own 3 handguns and a couple of rifles.. Not sure if this was already mentioned but one of the main reasons that the US Mainland was not invaded during WW2 is because the enemy knew that a majority of Americans in the 1940's owned rifles or handguns. They knew Americans would join together and fight an invading enemy..

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Good.. I own 3 handguns and a couple of rifles.. Not sure if this was already mentioned but one of the main reasons that the US Mainland was not invaded during WW2 is because the enemy knew that a majority of Americans in the 1940's owned rifles or handguns. They knew Americans would join together and fight an invading enemy..

Well The Japanese were in Alaska the islands.

There were those that wanted to attck San Fran instead of Hawai'i and get rid of a ship yard and also take the city. They were over ruled as being to far of supply lines with the complete Pacific Fleet intact.

Just curious what sources you have for the not attacking the mainland of the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.