Group gatherings/workshops/seminars

L

LT2002

How many of you have workshops/seminars for your style of Martial art?

Sanchin-Ryu was one of the few styles I knew to have them, but it seems that many more people do this as well.

Are your events open to outsiders? used to recruit? or private sessions?

Cruentus

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I do events all the time.

The only ones that aren't open to "outsiders" are my Operator ones, or if someone requests a private seminar for just their school or group. I try to go to events when I can that aren't my own as well, and although I usually teach my own events, I like to bring in outside instructors as well...

In fact, I've got two events posted on my website below. One is a Tsunami Benefit seminar, and all proceeds are going to be matched dollar for dollar by GM and sent to Red Cross. Come check us out if you can...

Yours,

Paul

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hapkido is rife with seminars...I mean that in a good way. :ultracool

Our Dojang has them occasionally,anyone can come and check them out,if they want to participate,they should at least know/have some falling skills for safety's sake.

We don't "use" seminars as a means to attract new students,but if someone feels the need to join up because of one,then that's just gravy.:partyon:

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
seminars are great i personally don't host anymore but I love to go to them. I feel the need to learn and from qualified individuals. I ahte those I can teach you everything in a 4hr seminars try to stay away from those.

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have had a couple that where open to all to attend and the instructors at each of them came from at least 4 different styles. They where free to whomever showed up includeing the people of the town.

As for in system seminars I went to many while with my parent organisation

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
There are numerous seminar opportunities in the Martial Arts. Just look in the back of any Black Belt or other MA magazine.

Seminars are a great way to get a taste of different arts-have done Modern Arnis, Ju-jitsu, and Tang Soo Do too. It's all good stuff!

Miles