Groin is hurting after 1st month of training

amishman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I just started classes one month ago and about 1/2 way through class I felt pain in my groin area. Right between my inner area between my lower crotch and where my legs connect to it. I did not feel anything break or tear while stretching but did get lower on my splits than I had been. Far from doing the splits but I was sure feeling the inner groin area having lots of tension. I guess I must of stretched it too far or maybe tore it a bit. Not sure.

Anyway, that was 2 weeks ago and I have not been to class for the last 2 weeks. For a few days after that last class I felt the discomfort. During that last class it was pretty sore where I was feeling pain and seemed to be very weak in the area. A few days went by and I started feeling better. After a week I did not feel anything in pain down there.

Today, I decided to just do some very light horse style stances where I get low like you supposed to. About an hour later I am feeling not pain but a feeling down their. It feels tender like if I do anything more I might feel pain.

So, I am now 41 years old and have not done martial arts for 20+ years up until a month ago. I guess I have injured myself down there but want to get back to class.

Any recommendations on what I can do for groin relief. I am afraid if I go to class it will really start hurting. or, is this something I just need to heal over months of not doing anything that stresses the area?

I was hoping of some secret remedy to help keep it comfortable so I can work out.

tj

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
SEE A DOCTOR!!! There is nothing anyone can tell you here that is going to take the place of this advice. In the short term - while you are waiting for your appointment, I suggest RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) - or as much of it as you can reasonably apply to a groin injury. And some of your preferred anti-inflammatory could help too. But nothing anyone suggests here can take the place of GOING TO SEE A DOCTOR - because if you try anything we suggest, and it doesn't work, it'll be that much longer before you recover - and more likely to result in long term problems.

Doc_Jude

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Pray it's not an Inguinal Hernia.

Go see a doctor.

invoke.cfm

Oh Yeah. Good Times.

Latest Discussions