Groin and Eyes Attacks.........Cheap shots?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
To C2Kenpo and Loki-

Those two posts were EXCELLENT!!!! :asian: Many VERY good points were brought up.

Thank you.

Mike

OP
C

c2kenpo

MJS said:
To C2Kenpo and Loki-

Those two posts were EXCELLENT!!!! :asian: Many VERY good points were brought up.

Thank you.

Mike

Takes a bow :asian:

Mike,

Take a bow for yourself. You are the one who made the first postive marks on this thread. I think the thread is a valid question but we need it in perspective.

Deep Blue Sea ~ L.L. Cool J.

"Everything is relative. Get your hands on a hot woman the moment goes by like that. Get your hands on a hot oven seems like forever."

Dave

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
c2kenpo said:
Takes a bow :asian:

Mike,

Take a bow for yourself. You are the one who made the first postive marks on this thread. I think the thread is a valid question but we need it in perspective.

Deep Blue Sea ~ L.L. Cool J.

"Everything is relative. Get your hands on a hot woman the moment goes by like that. Get your hands on a hot oven seems like forever."

Dave

Thank you sir.

Mike

OP
C

Cobra

7starmantis said:
Cobra,
I remember when I was a kid I wanted to see no rules fighting as well. Now that I've been in some san shou and full contact fighting I don't see the point of it. First off, I don't really see why anyone would train only for competition, but thats a different thread I guess. Why would you want to see someone getting their elbow or knee broken? Why would you want to step into a ring and crush someones throat? Would you want to be in a ring with a 275 pound full contact fighter trying to kill you or at least brake a few bones?

One question for you, Have you done any full contact fighting?

7sm
When I mean full contact, it doesn't mean it has to be a fight to the death. There would be determining factors on who would win.
Have I done full contact fighting? Not as a sport, but when I was younger, I used to get into many fights (before I started martial arts of coarse).

MJS, could you politely tell me why you doubt I have any martial arts experiance? Surely it isn't because I didn't know what fishooking meant? What have I shown to you to think that I don't have any experiance in Martial Arts? I'm no black belt yet, is that what kind of experiance you mean?

And MJS, why don't you make peace? Why is it every damn posts I write, you are there to criticize me? Is that your life, criticizing people who you don't like? Do you have many friends? Honestly, what joy do you have in criticizing everything I say?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cobra said:
When I mean full contact, it doesn't mean it has to be a fight to the death. There would be determining factors on who would win.
Have I done full contact fighting? Not as a sport, but when I was younger, I used to get into many fights (before I started martial arts of coarse).

"Cobra"- listen to what you're saying here. In one statement, you talk about fighting no rules, with all of these devastating shots, and here you're saying that it doesnt have to be a fight to the death. I'm getting confused here.

MJS, could you politely tell me why you doubt I have any martial arts experiance? Surely it isn't because I didn't know what fishooking meant? What have I shown to you to think that I don't have any experiance in Martial Arts? I'm no black belt yet, is that what kind of experiance you mean?

And MJS, why don't you make peace? Why is it every damn posts I write, you are there to criticize me? Is that your life, criticizing people who you don't like? Do you have many friends? Honestly, what joy do you have in criticizing everything I say?

It has nothing to do with not knowing what the term fish hook meant. I shouldnt have to explain to you what I'm talking about here. You should be able to see what I'm talking about by re-reading your posts. And yes, I have many friends. I question your posts, just like so many others question them as well, due to the nature of them for one. I'm referring to the animal posts here. In addition, I just get the impression, that if you state that you have all of the experience that you claim, the questions that you ask do not make any sense. I shouldnt have to post what I'm talking about. Again, if you re read your own posts, and the responses not only from me but from the others as well, you should be able to figure it out. I also dont understand why you think I single you out. Again, if you re read, you'll see that others on here are also questioning you.

Mike

OP
C

Cobra

MJS said:
"Cobra"- listen to what you're saying here. In one statement, you talk about fighting no rules, with all of these devastating shots, and here you're saying that it doesnt have to be a fight to the death. I'm getting confused here.

It has nothing to do with not knowing what the term fish hook meant. I shouldnt have to explain to you what I'm talking about here. You should be able to see what I'm talking about by re-reading your posts. And yes, I have many friends. I question your posts, just like so many others question them as well, due to the nature of them for one. I'm referring to the animal posts here. In addition, I just get the impression, that if you state that you have all of the experience that you claim, the questions that you ask do not make any sense. I shouldnt have to post what I'm talking about. Again, if you re read your own posts, and the responses not only from me but from the others as well, you should be able to figure it out. I also dont understand why you think I single you out. Again, if you re read, you'll see that others on here are also questioning you.

Mike
The rules I would imagine is if you make them tap out or a 10-30 second KO count. It doesn't have to end up in death.

First off, when did I say I had such big experiance? I'm no black belt like you might be, in fact I am pretty new to Asian Martial Arts. And, if you tell them to me politely why you doubt why my posts don't make sense, matters can be resolved more easier. For example, C2Kenpo said I sometimes get off the topic. He politely told me that and I saw that and should stay on topic. but he doesn't follow every post I make and critisize me. And who says that people doubt I had martial art experiance? People just say my posts sometimes aren't legit, not I don't know anything about martial arts. So far, you are the only one who questions my knowlage on martial arts.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cobra said:
The rules I would imagine is if you make them tap out or a 10-30 second KO count. It doesn't have to end up in death.

First off, when did I say I had such big experiance? I'm no black belt like you might be, in fact I am pretty new to Asian Martial Arts. And, if you tell them to me politely why you doubt why my posts don't make sense, matters can be resolved more easier. For example, C2Kenpo said I sometimes get off the topic. He politely told me that and I saw that and should stay on topic. but he doesn't follow every post I make and critisize me. And who says that people doubt I had martial art experiance? People just say my posts sometimes aren't legit, not I don't know anything about martial arts. So far, you are the only one who questions my knowlage on martial arts.

Well, you mention that you've supposedly been doing wrestling for 5yrs. That doesnt sound like a beginner to me. You talk about biting, streetfighting, etc. but now you say that you're new to the arts. When talking about biting you said that it would be easy to get into a triangle choke. Well, first off, for someone thats only been doing BJJ for 3mos. the triangle choke is a more advanced tech. As for the doubting....go back and re read. People are always questioning your posts. Maybe others question your background as well, but I'm the only one that has said it out loud so far. As for being legit....dude, that is the same thing as questioning your background. By the way, did you ever post the radio station or newspaper article talking about your battle in the wild???

Mike

OP
C

Cobra

MJS said:
Well, you mention that you've supposedly been doing wrestling for 5yrs. That doesnt sound like a beginner to me. You talk about biting, streetfighting, etc. but now you say that you're new to the arts. When talking about biting you said that it would be easy to get into a triangle choke. Well, first off, for someone thats only been doing BJJ for 3mos. the triangle choke is a more advanced tech. As for the doubting....go back and re read. People are always questioning your posts. Maybe others question your background as well, but I'm the only one that has said it out loud so far. As for being legit....dude, that is the same thing as questioning your background. By the way, did you ever post the radio station or newspaper article talking about your battle in the wild???

Mike
I am new to ASIAN Martial Arts. And just because you don't know MA, doesn't mean don't know about this stuff and you are helpless in a fight. And you only started to doubt my knowlage in when I siad I didn't know what is fishooking. I think it is because of that you doubt my knowlage.

Honestly though, can we ever stop arguing about this! Please, I am tired of arguing with you on this matter. If you think I am a joke, don't post on my threads. I've never met anyone who is so against me like this!

OP
C

c2kenpo

okay kids.

Lets everyone get back on topic here.

Cobra as I said the reason I can see questioning of your training, are the staetments you have made that in the MA community just dont come to any logical sense. And that may be due to some inexperince in the arts if that is so then welcome and I wish you a grand time on your Journey, just be prepared for some of those questions you ask it's kinda "opening the door" for questions and criticisim. (Kinda like being a politician ~ open your mouth and get hammered)

Lets move back to the topic ...

Tounament Sparring Yes or No
Street Fight Yes or No (Please bear with me)

Keep your posts simple and explina why or why not "soft targets" would be cconsidered a "cheap shot"

Tournament sparring ~ Definatly not legal. Even in professional fights Boxing UFC, Pride the targets are LIFE CHANGING targets. This is why we have rules and a society to determine those rules.

Street Fight ~ Sure everything should be legal however be prepared to face the concesquences of your actions after your wuold be assailant sues you for the loss of his eye due to UNECCESSARY FORCE. This goes back to a LIFE CHANGING target. If you are prepared to bite someones ear off or poke thier eye out be emotionally prepared to deal with the fallout. Talk to Drunk drivers and ask many how they feel about the events that lead them to where they are.

Think in stages of attitude and logic. You can decide the outcome of a fight before the first strike is trhwon if you apply attitude and logic to your environment and your needs.

Do I REALLY need to break his arm??? OR would a simple take down suffice?
Do I really need to drive my fists into his face or could I simply give him reason not to come back??

Work off of that idea.

Dave

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Cobra said:
I am new to ASIAN Martial Arts. And just because you don't know MA, doesn't mean don't know about this stuff and you are helpless in a fight. And you only started to doubt my knowlage in when I siad I didn't know what is fishooking. I think it is because of that you doubt my knowlage.

Honestly though, can we ever stop arguing about this! Please, I am tired of arguing with you on this matter. If you think I am a joke, don't post on my threads. I've never met anyone who is so against me like this!

Yes, I agree! This is getting kind of out of hand here. Just do us, especially me, a favor.....If you honestly have a question about something that you dont know, please ask. But, think before you post, and rather than make something up about your training, if you honestly dont know, feel free to ask.

Mike

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
C2Kenpo- Good post!! I agree! There have been many debates on what should/should not use in a fight. Like I've said before, the UFC/Pride events are currently called MMA. You bring up a very good point when talking about the strikes that can have an effect on someones life. Even in a life and death situation, you still need to be able to justify whatever it is that you're doing. I mean, we see it all the time. The court system, IMO, is really messed up, because it always seems like the bad guys turn around and sue you for injuries that they got. So basically, at 2am, someone can try to break into my house. Now, its dark, so I wouldnt know if he had a weapon. If I hit this guy, and he fell down a flight of stairs, its very possible that he could sue me for his injuries. Now I didnt tell this guy to break into my house..he did it on his own.

But back to the thread. The same is applied to all aspects of life, be it in the ring or the street. The fighters that compete in these events are professionals and this is their way of life. Even the most simple of hits can have a serious effect. Look at a recent UFC event. Randy and Vitor. Randy sustained a very serious eye injury. And that was caused by a simple punch.

Mike

7starmantis

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
This thread is actually starting to get some good posts on it.

One thing I would like to discuss...well, I'll just start a new thread on it.

7sm

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A groin shot or an eye gouge is only a cheap shot if you're sparring with a pal. on the street, there's no such thing as a cheap shot, just a good shot.

Fightfan00

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I dont think anything is a cheapshot when a fight is concerned groin shots and eye attackes are priceless!Just remember cheap shots win games!

MichiganTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Extreme situations call for extreme measures. If someone is just being a nuisance, then biting or groin kicking or eye gouging is not warranted. But if your safety or your family's safety is in serious danger, then do whatever you have to do. However, with biting there is a real danger of blood borne pathogens (HIV, hepatitis etc.) Keep that in mind before biting off a piece of his hand.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
MichiganTKD said:
Extreme situations call for extreme measures. If someone is just being a nuisance, then biting or groin kicking or eye gouging is not warranted. But if your safety or your family's safety is in serious danger, then do whatever you have to do. However, with biting there is a real danger of blood borne pathogens (HIV, hepatitis etc.) Keep that in mind before biting off a piece of his hand.

That is a good point regarding HIV, etc. However, keep in mind that there is a chance, during the course of the fight, that your hands could become cut, allowing blood to enter the wound.

Mike

OP
M

Marry

I don't think so,not in a street fight.I remember being down town at night waiting for the bus and this large crazy lady came up to me pushed me a few times and was yelling at me for who knows what!?Then she grabed my neck from the front and then that was it!I punched at her and pushed her without any real effect.That was it!!She had left a very vulnerable area open and I took the oppoptunity and gave her a front snapkick to her most sensitive area.And she dropped like a ton of bricks in her tracks to the fetal position on the cement and gasping for air!!

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Marry said:
I don't think so,not in a street fight.I remember being down town at night waiting for the bus and this large crazy lady came up to me pushed me a few times and was yelling at me for who knows what!?Then she grabed my neck from the front and then that was it!I punched at her and pushed her without any real effect.That was it!!She had left a very vulnerable area open and I took the oppoptunity and gave her a front snapkick to her most sensitive area.And she dropped like a ton of bricks in her tracks to the fetal position on the cement and gasping for air!!
Works for me.

Jerry

Blue Belt
Reaction score
They are targets the same as anything else. Eyes are espically good in that they tend to impede the ability to fight well.

Latest Discussions