Greetings!

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
Just once I want someone to tell me he created his own system using only the worst and most useless techniques from all the other arts.

OK...I have created my own style of martial arts only the worst and most useless techniques from all the other arts... I call it Savasanaquan..... and we have only one form....at the first sign of a problem, threat or confrontation you do this

23_savasan_image_400_w.jpg

Of course rolling out the mat takes some time..... :D

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just once I want someone to tell me he created his own system using only the worst and most useless techniques from all the other arts. It would show some originality. Everybody does the whole "best techniques from the other arts" deal. It's got to be passé by now.

Seriously, though. The specific techniques are arguably the least important aspect of a martial art. What are the physical principles, tactical doctrines, and training methodologies which distinguish your art from others?
Bingo.

Not everything works well together, and not everybody seems to understand that. There can be a great temptation to mix. But first, people need to determine if there are reasons to NOT mix. And that is determined by the foundation and principles upon which a training methodology is built. People see what others are doing, and they want to include it in what they do. But it may not fit or mesh well. Just because it is useful and effective for some, is no guarantee it will be useful and effective for others, and context and foundation can be the determining factor.

I don't know anything about this new style. Maybe it was done well, maybe not. But these are words of caution.

Tony Dismukes

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
OK...I have created my own style of martial arts only the worst and most useless techniques from all the other arts... I call it Savasanaquan..... and we have only one form....at the first sign of a problem, threat or confrontation you do this

Ahh ... a derivative of Possum style Kung Fu, I take it?

donald1

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello.

Thats my favorite technique, works very effectivly under a nice shady tree (with a cool breeze) or in a well ventilated room with the AC on.

Latest Discussions