Greek Riots In Pictures

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
2008 Greek riots

On the night of Saturday, December 6th, two Special Guards of the Greek police clashed with a small group of young men. The exact details of what took place are still unclear, but it is known that one of the Guards fired three shots, and one of those bullets caused the death of 15-year-old Alexander Grigoropoulos - whether the injury was made by an accidental ricochet or deliberate shot remains to be determined. The two Guards are now in jail awaiting trial, the shooter charged with homicide. This incident sparked an immediate and widespread response in the form of angry demonstrations and riots in many Greek cities that have continued at varying levels to this day - though dimming in intensity recently. Alexander's death appears to have been a catalyst, unleashing widespread Greek anger towards many issues - police mistreatment of protesters, unwelcome education reforms, economic stagnation, government corruption and more. (37 photos total)
http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2008/12/2008_greek_riots.html
A country still in the midst of reforms and growing pains... I've read little about this tragic event until now. The photographs are stunning and one in particular (below).
Thoughts, views, discussion?

Attachments

• $GREEK RIOT.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 251

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
It would be interesting if every Greek police officer and firefighter took two or three days off, perhaps a nice trip out of the city. They impress me with their professionalism doing a tough job for an ungrateful society. Glad I do not have their job.

Photos were pretty cool and each told a story..

Regards
Brian King

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be interesting if every Greek police officer and firefighter took two or three days off, perhaps a nice trip out of the city. They impress me with their professionalism doing a tough job for an ungrateful society. Glad I do not have their job.

Photos were pretty cool and each told a story..

Regards
Brian King

Have you been to Greece? Ungrateful society? professional police?
I think perhaps you should have a look at the issues before making such a sweeping statement. They have huge problems going on there.
http://www.economist.com/displayStory.cfm?story_id=12209248

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7782907.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/7771628.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7776102.stm

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A multi-locale riot like this is clear evidence of problems there. But, I still feel for the emergency personnel!

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Like the old joke a person speaks three languages are called trilingual and if a person speaks two languages they are called bilingual, so what do you call a person that speaks one language…an American. In my case Tez3 you make an assumption. I have been all over Europe. I was there when the radioactive cloud from the Soviet nuclear plant disaster floated over us, I was sent to the woods armed and ready to go when the Soviets shot down the airliner with that little girl that was meeting the Soviets for peace and Glasnost and when the North Koreans killed those GI’s in the DMZ. I cannot give blood anymore something I always enjoyed doing because of exposure to British beef. I was directly involved with some of the anti-nuclear anti-American anti everything riots there (that sometimes numbered in the tens of thousands) during the eighties supporting the authorities. Yup I have opinions of Europe and many of them are not very high but it comes from spending years there and reading how things are going now. Not saying all things were bad I also meet many good people. I am saying that while I would have to be paid to ever go back I do appreciate and applaud your nationalist pride Tez3 and the way you always leap to defend England and Europe. As far as actually being in Greece, yes but it was back in the 80’s when many of the Europeans hated us except for our cash in hand. I thought the people were mostly friendly on a personal level in spite of the anti American sentiments and there was some beautiful scenery (both two legged and seascapes) and to this day have a difficult time drinking or even smelling ouzo.

As far as police professionalism I was responding to the pictures and the current riots. I do believe that many third world countries have corrupt police forces and oppressive governments and feel sorry for the citizens and subjects in those countries as they struggle at the dangerous end of gun to make a better life. For Europe I have no such sympathy. If European police forces are corrupt they deserve it, if the Governments are oppressive they also deserve it. People get what they desire and deserve. The police forces and the governments of Europe reflect European society. If their government is bad they should look at their society and repair it not burn down some store, write graffiti on a statue, burn some ladies car. I am not impressed in the least by people getting in officers faces and yelling profanities when it does no good at all and the police have to keep hands off. I figure the Greek government will fall and be replaced by one even more corrupted. What I do not know is if it will happen thru the legal ballot or thru neglect and frankly to be honest could not really care except other than that a weak Europe weakens our war with Terrorists.

The police professionalism I am referring to Tez3 also comes from the photos in the OP. To be lit up by a laser here in the states gives me permission to return fire as there are many laser sights on firearms, would I fire, maybe depends on circumstances, would I respond some how, yup. I was once in fight at a club; I was tossing a small group of men that had been drinking excessively and getting too rowdy inside slap boxing and pushing each other around wrestling as they celebrated playing in some rugby tournament. Their behavior was in fun but had already caused a fight when they knocked over some guy’s girlfriend. I had broken up that fight and the guy and girl left to take her to the hospital for examination. As I rounded up the group and pushed them outdoors somebody in the group lit up a laser. I saw the beam over my shoulder and the dot on one of the guys in front of me. The idiot with the laser was behind two of the guys and not in complete view. He hit the cement hard and bounced and did a face scrape. Would have been more but as he bounced I was able to see his hand and the laser pointer as it also bounced under a parked car. I honestly thought someone was introducing a firearm into the fight. He went to jail that night. He had warrants and was also charged with assault charges I think. In the photos Tez3 we see people yelling at the officers, using wrist rocket sling shots to pepper the police with rocks and throwing Molotov cocktails at the police and at the city. Yet the police are holding their lines. How many have been shot by police during the riots? One of your links Tez3 posted to a story about police brutality, the story was amusing as are many when the witness is unidentified and is the only witness quoted. Many of the photo’s in the OP are taken from with-in the mobs, there are reporters and cell phones everywhere yet the article could only find the one witness? Even with that I wonder what “largely peaceful” means in his opinion. His case is one of 3’s Do not hang out with stupid people doing stupid stuff at stupid places or you will get shot stabbed and screwed. Do not join a mob of drunks numbering the hundreds while there are riots going on…duh. Are police going to respond roughly after having to be forced taking days of abuse and not being allowed to respond? Yup some will. Will somebody that was not doing much wrong other than being in the wrong place at the wrong time get a wood shampoo, yup also likely. It happens. Could the young man have said something to provoke? Why was one given the works and not the other three? I have been involved in mob scenes and it can take a life of its own. That the police have not responded in kind more often than has so far been documented in my opinion shows a restraint and professionalism beyond what many could demonstrate if suddenly they found themselves in a police uniform under the same circumstances. As far as breaking off a group and making arrests that is pretty standard stuff. Look up at the rooftops during riots and you will often see police gathering intelligence and speaking on radios. They are identifying and filming the trouble makers in the crowd and then often police squads go into the crowd and pull out the organizers and the trouble makers. It is a great way of dealing with a mob that is mixed with people trying to peacefully demonstrate and others that wish to cause mayhem and destruction. It is not perfect but it does often work.

Ungrateful citizens? I see a photo of an officer maybe a family man engulfed in flames, did he and his family deserve that? Ever been badly burned? When firefighters are fired upon while trying to save lives and property and the people applaud or sit back and do nothing, when public and private property is destroyed by mobs and police are set on fire and the people applaud or do nothing then yes I believe they are ungrateful apathetic and undeserved of the protection that police and firefighters bring to a neighborhood and that the police and firefighters should leave until asked by the people to return and then think two or three times before returning. If the people do not think their city is worth saving then it deserves what it gets. Let it burn to the ground and let the mobs roam the streets it is what the people seem to be saying in my opinion let them have it. Yet the police and firefighters return to work the next shift. Again demonstrating professionalism. You do not agree and think I make wide ignorant sweeping statements and should look before voicing my opinions. Lady, I have looked, I have been involved in similar situations and I stand by my statements. I think it would be a shame if the once great city of Athens were to burn to the ground and mobs rule but like Somalia if the people want mob rule they can get it and not much can be done to stop it. I often send money to charities in countries or cities that have had disasters, Greece won’t get one red cent from me. They do not deserve it. One of your links had this statement "Rebellion is deeply embedded in the Greek psyche. The students and school children who are now laying siege to police stations and trying to bring down the government are undergoing a rite of passage.” Uhh OK like I said they get what they deserve I hope that they like it. If the people start restraining the trouble makers, start working to change the system they do not like from with-in the system and with out violence they would earn my respect. Out of control pathetic spoiled people feeling they have the right to violence when none is called for get no respect from me while those that face the abuse go home and come back for more get respect. They must truly love their city.

Regards
Brian King

Blindside

Grandmaster
Founding Member
Reaction score
Have you been to Greece? Ungrateful society? professional police?
I think perhaps you should have a look at the issues before making such a sweeping statement. They have huge problems going on there.

Huge enough to justify throwing molotov cocktails at the police? I don't think so. The people are standing in the open, which means they don't believe that the officers are going to respond with deadly force, ie gunfire, which means that whatever there belief about the average police conduct, they are relying on the professionalism of the police to save their own lives.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually I didn't assume I asked, have you been to Greece? In the past year?
I'm sorry though I can't read your post yet as I have to copy it and print it off in larger print. I can't read long posts on the screen. I read the first paragraph, I and everyone I know gives blood and eats beef so thats a nonsense. Have you asked yourself why people dislike Americans? Because we are always being told what we should do by you, you are hell bent on making us see the American way is right, you're doing it now. You've been all over Europe...as an American. You need to look back and see the reasons there is anti Americanism especially in Greece.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/6255235.stm

The problem is that we don't see others as they see us.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tez3 wrote
“I'm sorry though I can't read your post yet as I have to copy it and print it off in larger print”

+1 on that Tez3. I hate reading on the screen and so many of the fonts are difficult to read. I do not print out the pages (I would say something bout saving a tree and all the green party stuff but even I can only be so big of a hypocrite. The truth is that I am too cheap to waste paper and ink) I instead copy the post to a word document and then increase the size of the font to one that I can read. When I write my posts I do the same and have to remember to make the words smaller before I copy onto the web site.

Tez3 wrote
“I and everyone I know gives blood and eats beef so thats a nonsense.”

Nonsense? You may not agree with my opinions but really madam what in my entire history of posting on MT makes you think that I would post nonsense? I have neither the time nor the inclination to post nonsense. It is not in my nature. I would expect better manners from a British lady Tez3 but I guess it is hard to live up to the British stereotype at all times especially when you are posting in haste. As an American I have often had the Europeans that did not know me try to use the negative American stereotypes and generalizations to argue their points and to refute mine. It doesn’t work. It is boring ignorant and shallow but it is also expected. I have often wondered about your alls blood supply. Makes you wonder how safe it is?

Regards
Brian King

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/12349.cfm#38699

1. Why have donor restrictions been placed on individuals who have spent five years or more in Europe between 1980 and the present?

In some parts of the world, a fatal brain disease called Mad Cow Disease has infected cattle. In these locations, primarily in parts of Europe, people have been diagnosed with a new disease called variant Creutzfeld-Jacob Disease (vCJD), which is also a fatal brain disease. It is theorized that vCJD is a form of Mad Cow Disease that has been transferred to humans by eating infected beef. While there have not been any documented cases of vCJD being transmitted by blood transfusions, the Food and Drug Administration, the federal agency that regulates blood collection in the United States, has recently placed restrictions on whether an individual may donate blood based on how much time they have spent in countries where cows have been affected by Mad Cow Disease. The restrictions are based on a theoretical risk of transmitting vCJD by a blood transfusion.

http://www.mskcc.org/mskcc/html/12343.cfm

You may NOT donate blood if:
• you spent three or more months cumulatively in the United Kingdom (England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, Gibraltar or the Falkland Islands) from 1980 through 1996.
• you spent five years or more cumulatively in Europe (including the United Kingdom from 1980 through 1996) from 1980 to the present.
• you received a blood transfusion in the United Kingdom or France since 1980.
• you were a member of the US military from 1980 through 1996, a civilian military employee, or a dependent of a member of the U.S. military and spent six months or more at a US military base in any of the following countries:
From 1980 to 1990:
• Belgium
• the Netherlands
• Germany
From 1980 to 1996:
• Spain
• Portugal
• Turkey
• Italy
• Greece
Additional Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy Precautions
• Non US Licensed Drug Products Made from Cattle
You may not donate blood if you have obtained and been injected with any non-US licensed drug products made from cattle since 1980 (eg. Bovine insulin).

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Wow, I hope that guy that got lit up is OK.

Appears he was...thank goodness. Another photo in the essay notes showed an officer on fire and says that the flames were quickly extinguished. It looked like the same person (based on the background).

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've just checked with the chief medical officer here on the Garrison, he agrees with me I'm afraid, it's nonsense (not yours obviously) that you can't donate blood, he felt as I do that it's actually quite insulting that we are treated in this way as if we are third world country where you can pick up diseases. He stated quite clearly that there is absolutely no reason for you not to donate blood other than for normal restrictions.

I'm only half 'British', my father Scottish, my mother Dutch who came out of the concentration camps and lost all her family so I have no stereotype to live up to. I have dual nationality now, the other being Israeli.

My point in my original post was that it is too simple to say 'ungrateful' citizens and 'professional' police as if you were a dowager duchess sat drinking tea while the peasants revolt.
I'm not suggesting condoning or condemning, I'm suggesting understanding the situation and the people. The Greek people obviously feel they have grievances, what are they? The police felt they needed to shoot a boy, why?

Americans have a bad reputation out of their own country, stereotype? No, naivety I believe. We get a lot of visitors to out local town Richmond ( the original one) many go to the tourist information office and sign a visitors book, in that book you will see comments from Americans that amaze us, not nasty just amazing. The market place is cobbled, one visitor suggested it would be better if it was cemented over to be nice and smooth, another asks why the castle has been left ruined when a shopping mall was what was needed to set the place off.

In France Americans travel in flocks with tour guides, they ask fearfully if the water is alright to drink and have huge problems with the plumbing as they do in Germany (the toilet bowls have a ledge in them so you can inspect your faeces for worms). The water problem arose there as well, one American tourist was heard quite loudly (and many Germans speak English) saying in Koln Cathedral that it should have been bombed to hell during the war and then they'd have a modern country like America instead of all the old stuff. I was there.

When I went to school and uni in Aberdeen Scotland the oil boom had just started and we had an influx of American oil people and their families in, nothing was right for them, houses too small, shops too small, in fact evrything was wrong, it wasn't America, it made the local newspapers and a reporter interviewd these people. Reading it didn't make for comfortable international relationships.

In Nepal, my Gurhka friends tell me they get sent American 'missionaries' who are patronising and treat them as children.

While I was stationed in Germany in the early 80's we worked with many American service people, don't get me wrong, nice guys but their attitude is one of superiority over the 'natives'. The 'natives' didn't appreciate it. I have an American military base in my beat and the attitude towards the locals and especially the peace protesters it attracts are sad. It's in the Yorkshire countryside among farmland and dales, the people as are all country people more leisurely in their outlook and ways, this doesn't make them stupid. We are called in very often after altercations between the service people and the locals because of attitude.

I'm not saying the Brits can't be pains in the backside, they can but we know it, Americans abroad bless them think they know what is best and insist on telling us. Look on this board how many times have we had people telling us we need to be armed? There's two threads running at the moment!

I now it isn't everyone but the ones who do it leave the impression then that all Americans are like this, they aren't exactly ambassadors for your country.

Many people in the world feel America is far too bossy and many countries have felt the affects of both overt and covert activity from America. The CIA has a lot to answer for as has the people responsible for their activities, this is the cause of the majority of ill will towards America though. The invasion of Grenada for example has led many small countries to fear America, it hasn't endeared her to many big countries either. There is hardly a country that hasn't felt the affects of a CIA operation so you can hardly wondr at the lack of trust and friendship. I understand that of course the American people knew nothing at the time about these.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tez, I have to inject. I think you need to be armed too. Legged even. Can't put someone in a headlock without arms. ;)

I remember Rowan Attkinson doing a piece where he mimed most of the parts, America was represented by someone eating a huge piece of pie, then burping. I thought it hilariously true.

While Americans and Brits come from the same root, our trees have branched differently. We fought 2 wars of independence against you, and one with ourselves. We lost the last one, a fact lamented by your Lord Acton in Nov. 1866. Our views on things like basic human rights, property ownership and yes even how to spell certain words somewhat divide us, but remember, tyrants have fallen when we've stood together.

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tez, I have to inject. I think you need to be armed too. Legged even. Can't put someone in a headlock without arms. ;)

I remember Rowan Attkinson doing a piece where he mimed most of the parts, America was represented by someone eating a huge piece of pie, then burping. I thought it hilariously true.

While Americans and Brits come from the same root, our trees have branched differently. We fought 2 wars of independence against you, and one with ourselves. We lost the last one, a fact lamented by your Lord Acton in Nov. 1866. Our views on things like basic human rights, property ownership and yes even how to spell certain words somewhat divide us, but remember, tyrants have fallen when we've stood together.

We are family, we argue, squabble and get on each others nerves but when the chips are down we're there for each other when it counts.

PS I am armed, I just don't want the other buggers armed too!

Not me in pic, I'm older lol but you get the idea!

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Yawn, yup heard it all before Tez3 and there have even been many movies and characters in movies showing how terrible Americans are. Rude stupid and insensitive yup that is me and us.

One late evening, while serving in Germany on the way out to the field, one of our platoons came across a barn on fire on the outskirts of a small German village. Soldiers (American soldiers) risked themselves saving the animals and when the Germans showed up the soldiers helped them try to fight the fire. They stayed there for over thirty hours standing watch and putting out flame ups often with no more than their hands and boots. With the fire finally out the platoon joined the rest of our unit out in the woods. We did not call the news (our movements need not be broadcasted) and I think the only rewards were some company level certificates of appreciation and the village head honcho came out and said thanks.

While in the military we were encouraged to give blood and we did. My unit gave in the upper 90 percent range like clock work. I think it was every four/six weeks or something like that. We had soldiers that had given many gallons of blood. That blood went to local civilian hospitals. They gave us little books and would stamp every time we gave blood and we would get a little plastic lapel pin after donating 25 or 30 times.

And those missionaries Tez3 are usually young people out to help the world trying to make the world a little better. They are not sent they volunteer, they are not paid and they sacrifice to go on the missions. They often pay their own way, pay their own expenses, and pay for the supplies and any tools or technology needed at whatever location they go to. They often only get donations from their family members and from their church. The training that they get is very minimal and for many the missions are their first time away from home. I am sure that they make many mistakes LOL state department types with years of higher education and governmental training and years of experience often make mistakes as well. When young people come to me talking about missions asking my opinion I often tell them to look at their own back yards or South America or Eastern Europe the rest of the world in my opinion is too dangerous or not worth the effort. Often they do not listen LOL.

So speaking of tourists those nasty rude mean American tourists come home and tell all their neighbors about their journeys. How snobbish and rude the store clerks and waiters are overseas. Tez3 you are in the military so you can perhaps understand the brotherhood that forms in military units? Many of these tourists served overseas and are bringing their wives and family to see Europe and have looked forward to seeing it without the Nazi’s shooting at them and to remember their lost comrades who did not make it home. Tez3 they are nickel and dime(d) at every instant, robbed and sneered at by many too young to know better or too cynical to care. The returning tourists tell how if you get into a taxi you risk your life and they will charge you as an American double if not more (This was not British taxis as they have a great reputation). I myself have seen Americans charged more at hotels in fact we would have our local girlfriends make the reservations as it was many times cheaper than if we ourselves made the reservations and they would do the checking in. For others that didn’t make those arraignments, when they found out about the different rates and tried to get a refund the clerks could not understand and oh so sorry but nothing can be done yada yada.

So I understand that Americans overseas often get a bad rap but I also understand that when I deal with foreigners over here at my home that I am also an ambassador just as much as they are. It is too easy making fun of them, too easy to catch the eye of another local while talking to the foreigner and rolling your eyes at their naivety and silliness. I also try to point out and thank them if I see or hear of them doing something noble. I hear stories like you posted often Tez3. It is easy for many to criticize the tourist and not give thanks for their interest in our homes and lives. It is too easy to feel resentment at tourists and their free spending habits, throwing money around like it has no end while not realizing that many have saved their entire lives for this one trip.

Tez3 wrote
“While I was stationed in Germany in the early 80's we worked with many American service people, don't get me wrong, nice guys but their attitude is one of superiority over the 'natives'. The 'natives' didn't appreciate it”

LOL this is true and as an ex American soldier in Germany in the ‘80’s we were not nice guys but we were better than everyone else especially the Air Force and Marines. As an Engineer we were even better than anybody else in the Army including tankers and grunts. My unit was Atomic Demolition and we all had Combat Engineer secondary specialties so of course we were better than any other Engineer unit. Most soldiers Tez3 I am sure that you will agree are very young. They have passed extreme tests and challenges and faced death and passed and survived and are in the best physical conditioning of their lives. They are motivated eager and disciplined and look about them and see others dragging their behinds dressed in wrinkled clothing with their hands in their pockets and cigarettes hanging from their lips and scoff. This attitude is not just from GI’s overseas but is the same at towns outside of bases even here in the US. Many of those towns depend on the GI’s in fact the very existence of many of those towns and the services that they offer is dependent on the GI’s. This relationship of dependence (they need the GI’s and the GI’s need them) is often very good with moments of very bad, much like all relationships. It is very much like the relationships that many police forces have with local communities and other police units.

“I'm not suggesting condoning or condemning, I'm suggesting understanding the situation and the people. The Greek people obviously feel they have grievances, what are they?”

I am all for understanding and education. Feel free to educate me. I understand that Greece is just another Socialist hole. That unemployment is rampant and that the young people feel they have nothing to look forward to. I understand that they have not had a decent government in who knows how long. I understand that higher education in Greece is just a means of keeping more Greeks out of the already strained work force. I understand that the Greek government is broke and corrupt. Looking at the pictures Tez3 please explain to me how those two young men inside that bank lobby breaking things helps them get a job or an education? Tell me please how the burning the blond ladies car helps deal with corruption? The photos of burning buildings and firefighters being attacked please explain how that helps the people in their misery. The anarchists placing graffiti on the statue helps how? I could offer my opinion on how to get themselves and their country out of the malaise that they find themselves in, but I would just be accused of being bossy and pushy telling others how to live. So I don’t. I just wait until their system breaks and say to myself…uh huh saw that coming.

I was an Engineer for years; I have blown up tons of explosives and have shot thousands of rounds from all kinds of weapons. Believe me I get the thrill of destroying things. I just do not get how destroying their city is going to help them in the long run. How abusing those that are trying to protect them is supposed to make them safer. I do understand the anarchists and how they like destroying things and getting away with it by sprouting anti this or anti that slogans but explain to me why the people that know better are letting them get away with it with out even any discussion or reprimands. I do not think much of the current Greek government but I doubt that the Greeks want another military dictatorship but that is exactly what often follows out of control violence. Maybe that is what many want? That officer who is in Greek prison waiting for his trial and punishment is a lesson for all other police and likely a scapegoat for the government yet other officers showed up for work today. The riots happened to correspond with a preplanned three day strike. I do not understand how a three day strike puts food on the table and pay in the pocket. I understand that many of the people do not like the legally elected government and want to see yet another government fail what I do not understand is how that exactly helps? Why not vote them out while they still have that ability rather than acting like a two year old with a temper tantrum in need of a spanking? (My apology to all two year olds)

Regards
Brian King

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian, you haven't been on the end of a diatribe from a 'missionary' have you?

The thing is you come over exactly as I was trying to demonstrate...superior.

I'm afraid I'm going to leave it there because you are patronising me and I really can't be bothered with that at what is five o'clock in the morning here, I have to go to work.

I'm not in the military btw.

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tez3 wrote:
Brian, you haven't been on the end of a diatribe from a 'missionary' have you?

You call it a diatribe I call it a discussion. Actually Tez3 I have had discussions with Mormons, Jehovah Witnesses, different Catholics and other Christians as well as save the whales type (popular here in the Northwest) and other environmentalists as well as members of anti gun coalitions when I lived in the poorer neighborhood as well as conversations with Jews and Muslims although I don’t think I would call them missionary’s. Never been a big deal?

“I'm not in the military btw.”

Oh sorry. I thought with all the talk about barracks and such in many of your posts I thought you were serving some kind of police or military intelligence unit with-in the British Military. I am now guessing some sort of state police type of unit?

“I'm afraid I'm going to leave it there because you are patronising me”

umm OK whatever. Have a good day.

Regards
Brian King

Brian King

Master of Arts
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score