Great TV show...

bigdano

White Belt
Reaction score
Very rarely does a show come along that piques my interest like this one...

But anyone who has ever had to deal with a real jerk, a real a-hole, and felt constrained by the law not to beat him to holy hell, you have to check out a show called "Bully Beatdown" on Sundays on MTV.

The basic premise is that MMA fighter Mayhem finds a guy who is a real bully who picks on guys that are smaller than him just because he's bigger. Mayhem goes with a camera crew to the bully, in front of all of the bully's boys, and calls him out, but offers him $10,000 if he can last 2 rounds with an MMA fighter equal or close to his size. The bully always takes the bait because he thinks he can't lose. Oh, and if the bully does lose (happens 100% of the time) all of the money goes to his victims, the guys who called Mayhem in the first place. Mayhem even lets the guy train in a gym for a while, but then the beatdown happens.

If you're like me, and hate seeing people who use violence for no reason, or act like a dick for no reason, you'll love this show.

OP
B

bigdano

White Belt
Reaction score
I had some time away from the net and missed that post. I guess I was not the first one to notice the show though :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Sounds interesting...Gotta check it out..

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can always dig seeing a big time beatdown. Yeeeeaaaaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Very rarely does a show come along that piques my interest like this one...

But anyone who has ever had to deal with a real jerk, a real a-hole, and felt constrained by the law not to beat him to holy hell, you have to check out a show called "Bully Beatdown" on Sundays on MTV.

The basic premise is that MMA fighter Mayhem finds a guy who is a real bully who picks on guys that are smaller than him just because he's bigger. Mayhem goes with a camera crew to the bully, in front of all of the bully's boys, and calls him out, but offers him $10,000 if he can last 2 rounds with an MMA fighter equal or close to his size. The bully always takes the bait because he thinks he can't lose. Oh, and if the bully does lose (happens 100% of the time) all of the money goes to his victims, the guys who called Mayhem in the first place. Mayhem even lets the guy train in a gym for a while, but then the beatdown happens.

If you're like me, and hate seeing people who use violence for no reason, or act like a dick for no reason, you'll love this show.

Not bad.......but still kind of passive-aggressive on the part of the Beta males who call Mayhem........it would better if THEY challenged the bully to the fight.

knuckleheader

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's Sunday morniing? I've seen it before an wanna see it again.

Maybe some shows could let the bullied victim fight the bully. That'd be really good.

dosk3n

Green Belt
Reaction score
Started watching this last night thanks to this thread.

Great show, just a shame its only 20 mins long.

CoryKS

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not bad.......but still kind of passive-aggressive on the part of the Beta males who call Mayhem........it would better if THEY challenged the bully to the fight.

I agree. It would be interesting to have a reality show around this concept, kind of a "Made"/Ultimate Fighter thing. They could have a professional fighter train with the victim over several weeks, at the end of which he could challenge the bully to a ref'ed ring match. It would add more dramatic suspense if they they arranged the match at the beginning of training. Will he train hard or will he call it off? Stay tuned to find out.