Grappling with someone who is gay

K

krys

Wow,wow,wow,

given the number of views of this thread this must be a major concern for grapplers.....

S

sammy3170

Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
This is not a gay bash thread, but how would you act if someone came in wanted to grapple and said maybe afterwards he was gay. Would you want to grapple with them again, or would you find a reason not to grapple with them.
Bob :asian:

Id have to say to any person who didnt want to grapple with a gay person to get some bricks, some steel girders etc, build a bridge and GET OVER IT.

Cheers
Sammy

Greggers69

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Who cares. I have wrestled young women in HS. So what is the difference between that and someone being gay. Can't believe you even posted this!

T

tkdcanada

There is one thing I didn't see addressed here, so I'll just throw it out there. Everyone was so busy defending the gay person's rights to be like anyone else (which he has without a doubt) and presuming that the author of this thread had a problem with it, that no one seemed to notice that it was the gay guy that mentioned he was gay. Now, this tells me that it was an issue for the gay guy, not the thread author. I'm not even a guy, so I can't shed any light on the what if, but I really believe that there is absolutely no reason for a gay person to have to mention the fact. Doing so just creates a situation of discomfort for everyone.

kilo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I like to think that I wouldn’t bother me. But I'd probably be uncomfortable for a little while at least.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If you think you don't know any gay people... yes you do.
If you think you haven't sparred any gay people... yes you have.
I never thought Karate studios were good places to spark up relationships because eventualy a breakup could occur and leave you with only one of two students or possibly neither. Martial arts is the one place you can leave all that behind and just train. I agree with a previous post; your sexuality or your abhorance to someone elses sexuality has no place on the training floor. You're training so that you may survive a grappling situation, The more filthy and disgusting your trainng partner is the better. Do you think Mary Poppins is going to take you to the ground? No the most vile creatures on the face of this earth are trying to kill you, and your worried about who's picture you Partner carries in his wallet? Shut up and train.

Latest Discussions