Grapplers Please Read

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Hey guys, just a heads up, but it looks as though there is a level 3 sex offender running a school in the Seattle/Tacoma area.

You can read a thread on NHBGear's forum started by Cindy Hales, a GB black belt who runs a GB affiliate in Bellevue.

http://www.nhbgear.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=6jamsod6a9mkpc1blhe2o1rlj6&topic=88178.15

I just don't know what to say. I makes me angry and sad. Not to mention the questionable credentials. Some information was posted to lockflow.com, as well.

Based upon what Cindy says in that thread, I guess there's nothing that can be done by the local authorities. It's NOT illegal for this guy to run a school. It's infuriating.

Nolerama

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Do you have any news clips? I just grazed over the link.

If it's true, then that's a terrible thing and that person shouldn't be rolling with kids. It should be put out on the local media. His reputation will speak for itself sooner or later.

I did look on Team Shinja's site and I was a little disgusted as well. On a personal level (I know many of the people on this forum don't agree) I think there should be a separation between church and martial arts.

By association, that "instructor" is hiding behind a religion in order to gain trust.

Ooh. Idea for another thread.

OP
Steve

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I agree. The thing is, from what I gather, it's not illegal. The facts as I understand them are that this guy pled guilty to molesting his three year old niece and two other family members. He served a few years in jail.

I guess the major question, and perhaps fodder fir another thread is whether a pediphile can or should ever be trusted with kids again. According to the law, he's done his time.

StrongFighter

Green Belt
Reaction score
This is where commonsense should have come into play.

I can't believe someone of that type is teaching children self defense.

I am shocked their ma school website actually is named Team Psycho.

Very chilling. *shudders*

That is like a rapist teaching rape survivors self defense.

I am shocked the street thugs didn't kill him yet. They look like a rough bunch.

I hope someone puts a bullet in his head and ends his life because the only way to make sure he is put in prison is if he took advantage of a child again.

THAT SHOULD NOT HAPPEN AT THE EXPENSE OF THE CHILD.

I hope a bullet finds him early.

I have no sympathy for those kind of people.

Martial arts are supposed to be about awareness, good health and self defense.

searcher

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is nothing they can do to prevent him from contact? I am glad I live in KS. Here sexual predators are not allowed to have contact with children in an environment like a school(including a MA school).

LordOfWu

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I agree. The thing is, from what I gather, it's not illegal. The facts as I understand them are that this guy pled guilty to molesting his three year old niece and two other family members. He served a few years in jail.

I guess the major question, and perhaps fodder fir another thread is whether a pediphile can or should ever be trusted with kids again. According to the law, he's done his time.

Yes, he's done his time, but I can tell you I wouldn't trust him with my kids! Not even with me watching the class every time! He has paid his dues per the laws of society, but it's a good reminder to parents that just sitting in on a class with a teach is just simply not enough, you have to know the person. In this the web can be wonderfully helpful.