Grand Master Moo Yong Yun

jimg5220

White Belt
Reaction score
This is such an old thread but maybe someone can relate. Stared training with Master Yun in 1982 I believe in a small gym in Fargo. Can't remember the black belt he had doing his instructions but he was a good teacher and had a unbelievable spinning back kick, but not as direct in his delivery as Master Yun. I remember one instant after class Master Yun was having a upper back issue like a disc had slipped and he told me to drive my ridge hand into his upper spine and of course I was so tentative that I barely used any force and he kept yelling at me in his Korean accent harder yellow belt, HARDER. I launched into his spine with the stength of a 20 year old and he just turned around and said good " yellow belt". Surreal. I was also not great at attendance and missed my class training session for yellow belt but he liked my athletic ability and pulled me mid class and made me test and when I didn't break the board 2 times he looked at me and quite sternly said break it and of course I did. The man has a presence that I still miss to this day and he also taught us lowly belts some street fighting techniques that I have sparely had to use that saved my butt in a couple bad instances. Also taught my daughters a few things that will save their lives against predators. I will forever respect this man I met so long ago.

Jim

Latest Discussions