Good Trade?

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I recently purchased an almsot brand new HK USP compact 9mm for 150 bucks.

Someone is now offering to trade me a complete Lower Reciever for an AR-15 AND 150 bucks for it.

Obviously Id be coming out "ahead" of what I paid for the HK, the question is value... Is the trade WORTH what he is offering me...? Id like some opinions, cuz I dont really know the Value of the HK.

RBaddorf

Green Belt
Reaction score
<A href="http://www.gilbertsguns.com/store/products/category167/767.html?ck_SID=8b43b31a4d71e84cefc5197affb">Heckler & Koch USP Compact Stainless 9mm Pistol
xparent.png
Now In Stock!. HK USP Compact Stainless Steel 9mm Variant 1 Pistol. The HK USP Compact Stainless is a small frame pistol capable of firing the most powerful cartridges in 9mm, .40 S&W, .357 SIG, and .45 ACP. Based on the full-size USP models, th... $699.95
instock.png

one price quote from a google search of HK USP compact 9mm

OlyT3.jpg
AR15, AR-15 Receiver, Olympic Arms T3
$125.00
The foundation on which every standard AR-style rifle is the forged 7075 Aluminum lower receiver, cut on CNC machines to mil-spec tolerances or better. All standard mil-spec (meaning non-Colt's) AR parts will fit. NOTE: Receivers must shipped to an FFL dealer.
[Order] [Checkout]

OlyLowerAss.jpg
AR-15, AR15 Lower Receiver, Assembled, Olympic Arms
$269.00 $249.95 On Sale!
Fully assembled lower receiver. A2 forged receiver with standard military trap-door A2 buttstock. Must be shipped to an FFL holder!
[Order] [Checkout]

one example available on the internet

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hmm. Since I am getting a fully assembled lower, we'll say 250, +150 = $400.

The USP is worth 7.

But I only paid 150.

Hmm. Hmm.

AC_Pilot

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Where did you find someone dumb enough to sell you that HK for $150? And where can Ifind him if he has more and they are not hot.. and BTW you did check the gun with the cops to make sure it's not hot?

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
AC_Pilot said:
Where did you find someone dumb enough to sell you that HK for $150? And where can Ifind him if he has more and they are not hot.. and BTW you did check the gun with the cops to make sure it's not hot?
It was one of the students at the Dojo I train at. She is a Lawyer, so I doubt its hot. And she gave me that deal because she backed into my car and smashed the front end in, and I told her not to worry about it, and didnt make her pay. (My car was a POS, I had no intention of fixing it, I was driving it into the ground. I succeeded last week.)

:)

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Do you have an AR upper already or will you wind up buying that too?

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
Do you have an AR upper already or will you wind up buying that too?
Id need to buy one. Thats gonna run me about 270.00

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Which weapon do you think you will get more use out of??

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Id prolly Use the HK more, Id prolly ENJOY the AR more.

The more I think about it, tho, the more I think its a bad trade.

Tgace

Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have an AR...love it, but hardly get the chance to use it anymore....personally Id stay with the handgun...unless you have the $$$ to blow on toys....then what the heck go for it.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Tgace said:
I have an AR...love it, but hardly get the chance to use it anymore....personally Id stay with the handgun...unless you have the $$$ to blow on toys....then what the heck go for it.
Yeah, My only thought was I have 4 other handguns... plus a black powder pistol... I only have 2 rifles.

:idunno:

Latest Discussions