Good bye Mt hello real world

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If the information that you have shared in the forum can help just one person, your effort will be worthwhile. I received the following message yesterday. It makes me to feel that my time is not wasted.

Names are replaced by XYZ and ABC.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John, it me from internet Kung Fu forum. i met your student ABC.

Hi john, this is XYZ from internet Kung Fu forum. your student ABC is teaching me some stuff, and i want to say thank you for all the free knowledge you gave out on the internet, it really helped me and gave me ideas for training. i always thought i just stole your training ideas online but i never thought i would meet one of your students. i also want to say sorry for trolling you about your daughter pole dancing. i been trying the tree hanging exercise and my arm leg covered in blood.

Last edited:

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't understand why people have to make posts like this about leaving a forum, a Facebook group, a chat room, etc. Just leave! LOL Why do people feel they have to make an announcement out of it?

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't understand why people have to make posts like this about leaving a forum, a Facebook group, a chat room, etc. Just leave! LOL Why do people feel they have to make an announcement out of it?
the same reason why, when you quit a job you hate, you walk into the bosses office, tell him he sucks and pop a bag of shiny glitter all over his office a him then dance out the door singing glitter ,, glitter
it feels good. there is no satisfaction if you just dont show up, sitting on your couch eating a bowl of fruit loops.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
the same reason why, when you quit a job you hate, you walk into the bosses office, tell him he sucks and pop a bag of shiny glitter all over his office a him then dance out the door singing glitter ,, glitter
it feels good. there is no satisfaction if you just dont show up, sitting on your couch eating a bowl of fruit loops.

There is for me! LOL

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
I've never had anyone do this in 20 years in management. People who do this don't just hate their job. They personally hate their bosses.

But burning bridges is never a good idea. As satisfying as this might be, oaktree might someday want to change his mind, but feel like he can't because he did this thread. Shame.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
But burning bridges is never a good idea. As satisfying as this might be, oaktree might someday want to change his mind, but feel like he can't because he did this thread. Shame.

He could always come back with a new account and username....Quercus.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
I've never had anyone do this in 20 years in management. People who do this don't just hate their job. They personally hate their bosses.

after 20 years in management you have never heard the adage,,people dont quit jobs they quit bosses" ? while that may not always be true, i will say a large majority of people dont mind their work and co-workers. the blame, justified or not, is usually put on the A hole boss.
but yes burning bridges is usually a bad thing, i agree. but the question was asked why would someone make the post and my answer was that it felt good, it had a feeling of self righteousness and self verification

and somedays i really want to glitter someone...:woot:

ShortBridge

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
i am going to miss the avatar of the lesbians kissing

If only there were someplace on the internet that you could go to see pictures of lesbians kissing...that's a million dollar idea right there. I wonder if anyone has thought of it...

I haven't been a heavy or long-time participant on this forum, but I have on others and I understand the fatigue. I tried another martial arts forum some years ago and it was truly terrible, though there were a few credible people on there that made it worthwhile for me...until it wasn't.

Martial Talk has it's trolls and it's YouTube know-it-alls and it's general problems that more or less parallel the problems of any public site on the internet, but I get something out of it and hopefully I occasionally give something back to it.

There is an expression that goes something like "writing about music is like dancing about architecture." There may be some degree of parallel with discussing martial arts.

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In his mind it made him feel important.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
after 20 years in management you have never heard the adage,,people dont quit jobs they quit bosses" ? while that may not always be true, i will say a large majority of people dont mind their work and co-workers. the blame, justified or not, is usually put on the A hole boss.
but yes burning bridges is usually a bad thing, i agree. but the question was asked why would someone make the post and my answer was that it felt good, it had a feeling of self righteousness and self verification

and somedays i really want to glitter someone...:woot:
people quit for a lot of reasons, but I've never had anyone do anything like a "take This job and shove it."

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
people quit for a lot of reasons, but I've never had anyone do anything like a "take This job and shove it."
most people wont...but its on my bucket list of things to do. now i just need to find a job and boss that i hate.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
most people wont...but its on my bucket list of things to do. now i just need to find a job and boss that i hate.
Good luck! My advise would be to get a job in fast food, specifically so you can make a scene. Slam the apron down, and drop a profanity laced tirade on the shaft manager before storming out. :)

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good luck! My advise would be to get a job in fast food, specifically so you can make a scene. Slam the apron down, and drop a profanity laced tirade on the shaft manager before storming out. :)
no,, i worked at McD's for years as a teenager. i really liked it. to this day i think it is one of the best business education lessons one can ever get apart from actually going to business school.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
no,, i worked at McD's for years as a teenager. i really liked it. to this day i think it is one of the best business education lessons one can ever get apart from actually going to business school.
My first job, too. Not sure what it's like now, but I actually have fond memories as well. I don't know about a business education, but I worked hard and didnt mind the grease. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I worked at Mickey D's when I was 17 for one night. It was a short but entertaining career. :)

Kung Fu Wang

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I worked at Kentucky Fry Chicken for 2 years when I was in school. My salary started from $1.50. When I left, I was raised to $1.60. I still remember my boss told me that they would offer my job back if I ever came back. With $200 a semester school tuition and $30 monthly rent, it was easy to support myself through college by working in Kentucky Fry Chicken for 20 hours weekly. Today, that opportunity is long gone.

When I was in a Judo forum, onetime a guy said, "You are not even a Judoka. Nobody care about your opinion. Why are you still hanging around here?' I put my tail between my legs, ran like hell, and left quietly.

I still remember we were discussing the proper attacking angle for Judo throw.

- The traditional Judo uses face to face angle.
- The modern approach use a 45 degree angle (to prevent a body rotation and turn your back toward your opponent).

Some Judo guys agree that the modern approach is less risky. Other Judo guys believe they should stick to the tradition and treat modern approach as advance training. It was a fun discussion. But when I admitted that I don't train Judo, some member in that forum made the above comment. I just didn't have the thick skin to stay.

Last edited:

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
IIRC, I was making $3.35 At mcd in 1986. But I got to flirt with a lot of college coeds while working drive thru, so priceless. :)

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
In 68 I worked McDonalds. Dollar sixty an hour.

Last edited: