Golfers arrested after fighting off gang

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad to see Europeans aren't biased against criminal gangs.......open mindedness IS important. ;)

Which criminal gang were you meaning the golfers with the armed robbery records or the youths with the sticks?
What you are doing is jumping to conclusions based on what you have read in a newspaper report, you don't know the area, you don't know the people involved nor how the incident looked to the police officers who arrived you are just making snide comments based on your prejudices and what you assume happened. Well, police officers here prefer to find the truth out for themselves rather than reading about it in the newspapers and jumping to conclusions.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Which criminal gang were you meaning the golfers with the armed robbery records or the youths with the sticks?
What you are doing is jumping to conclusions based on what you have read in a newspaper report, you don't know the area, you don't know the people involved nor how the incident looked to the police officers who arrived you are just making snide comments based on your prejudices and what you assume happened. Well, police officers here prefer to find the truth out for themselves rather than reading about it in the newspapers and jumping to conclusions.

Well, like I said........common sense doesn't always prevail.

As for my prejudices, I do have them......against violent criminal youth gangs.....silly me.......I see a gang of youths armed with wooden planks, trying to rob golfers and I don't utilize my imagination properly to fabricate some asininely absurd scenario where they could be the victims.......guess I won't pass the entrance exam for Scotland Yard!

'You see, guvnor, the youths were simply minding their own business building a tree house with those planks of wood when they were violently attacked by a gang of old violent golfers!' :lfao:

I could care less, really, that the officers took everyone in to question them.......but the idea that we're being 'fair' by assuming that the youths involved could have been minding their own business is pretty silly when the light of logic is applied to it.

Remind me again......as it turns out, what did actually happen? Were the youths minding their business and innocent victims?

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, like I said........common sense doesn't always prevail.

As for my prejudices, I do have them......against violent criminal youth gangs.....silly me.......I see a gang of youths armed with wooden planks, trying to rob golfers and I don't utilize my imagination properly to fabricate some asininely absurd scenario where they could be the victims.......guess I won't pass the entrance exam for Scotland Yard!

I could care less, really, that the officers took everyone in to question them.......but the idea that we're being 'fair' by assuming that the youths involved could have been minding their own business is pretty silly when the light of logic is applied to it.

Remind me again......as it turns out, what did actually happen? Were the youths minding their business and innocent victims?

You are judging the situation by what you read in the article. Do you always read it in a newspaper first then decide what happened or do you actually go out and find out what happened.
You are taking what a reporter has said over what the police think happened, a ones sided approach considring the reporting wasn't there and only wrote it up after the guys were charged, bailded and the interviewed by the newspaper so i guess it would be a bit biased. also you don't seem to have taken on board my comments at all, perhasp I'm on ignore?
Okay so I phoned a mate who is in a position to know and trust me the situation isn't as cut and dried as you may think, as I said before which 'gang' were you talking about here? do you think perhaps that golf clubs here don't allow criminals in? Do gang members intent on theft usually bring a large group of relatives along with them? they don't live in Bromley thats for sure. Are golfers usually good at brawling? would the word 'feud' mean anything to you?
if you want to judge the case merely by a few words written in a Tory newspaper go for, I wouldn't want to spoil your fun.

Oh and while I think about it don't call me a liar, I'm in a postion to find out,perks of my job if you like, I don't have to fabricate.

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
You are judging the situation by what you read in the article. Do you always read it in a newspaper first then decide what happened or do you actually go out and find out what happened.
You are taking what a reporter has said over what the police think happened, a ones sided approach considring the reporting wasn't there and only wrote it up after the guys were charged, bailded and the interviewed by the newspaper so i guess it would be a bit biased. also you don't seem to have taken on board my comments at all, perhasp I'm on ignore?
Okay so I phoned a mate who is in a position to know and trust me the situation isn't as cut and dried as you may think, as I said before which 'gang' were you talking about here? do you think perhaps that golf clubs here don't allow criminals in? Do gang members intent on theft usually bring a large group of relatives along with them? they don't live in Bromley thats for sure. Are golfers usually good at brawling? would the word 'feud' mean anything to you?
if you want to judge the case merely by a few words written in a Tory newspaper go for, I wouldn't want to spoil your fun.

Oh and while I think about it don't call me a liar, I'm in a postion to find out,perks of my job if you like, I don't have to fabricate.

I'm not calling you a liar at all.....in fact I believe what you say........however, you're tap dancing around the whole story.

Here, let me make it easier..........you talked to a friend who knows the story........answer a couple questions.

Were the yutes in question minding their own business building a tree house with those planks?

Were the golfers playing golf?

I'm judging this by the newspaper article AND the fact that you haven't added on substantial fact that alters what was in the newspaper article.......I think what we have is not a dispute of facts.......but a serious difference in interpretation that's a bit cultural driven.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, guys & gal...

While we wear different clothes and work in different systems -- we're all on the same side, huh? We all know that a press article seldom contains the whole story. And that some pretty serious criminals have memberships in country clubs and golf courses. But, I think we can all agree that no matter how crooked they are -- they don't deserve to be robbed on the links!

sgtmac_46

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hey, guys & gal...

While we wear different clothes and work in different systems -- we're all on the same side, huh? We all know that a press article seldom contains the whole story. And that some pretty serious criminals have memberships in country clubs and golf courses. But, I think we can all agree that no matter how crooked they are -- they don't deserve to be robbed on the links!

True, dat.

Incidentally, i've heard of Soccer hooligans.......but this is the first group of golf hooligans i've heard about!

Latest Discussions