GM builds first Chevy Volt, says production line practice run OK

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Per: http://content.usatoday.com/communi...uction-tooling-says-the-practice-run-was-ok/1

General Motors is to finish building the first Chevrolet Volt battery car using production tooling today, at the Hamtramck, Mich., factory that will begin regular production of the radical electric car in November.

The pre-production Volt will be kept for GM testing. Such practice runs are tense for automakers. They show whether the tooling is designed correctly, the factory laid out properly, the workers trained sufficiently. The interim before regular production this fall gives GM time to make changes, though major hiccups weren't reported.

"Never seen a first, pre-production build go as smoothly as this one," said Andrew Farah, Volt chief engineer.

OP
Rich Parsons

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ford has an electric coming out later this year.

Ford, Nissan, and others all have products coming out in the near future, in 1 to 3 years.

The men and women in my group work on the Volt or are like me and work along side them on another program. My Next program is a small Electric vehicle. More details later it becomes relased in the press.

Latest Discussions