Gloves?

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
I didn't notice a "gear" section, sorry if this is in the wrong place.

When I take my hands out of my boxing gloves, I have little black pieces of the lining stuck to my hands. I read a review of some gloves I was looking at and saw that this happens to other people with other gloves.

What do I look for, in a pair of gloves, to avoid this? Is there a particular lining that is less prone to deterioration? A particular brand/model that has proven to be longer lasting before flaking off?

If I could just sweat less, I would, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. On the whole "sweat" note - is dumping some baby powder into the gloves a good or bad idea?

Thanks

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
better gloves will fall apart on you less. I use punch armadillos. Which are pretty well bullet proof.

Otherwise inner gloves or wraps might work. Or buy two sets of gloves so they dry out properly.

OP
Saheim

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you! I will check those gloves out.

You made me realize I kind of missed the obvious - If I used wraps (I don't) or had under gloves on, I wouldn't be soaking the inside of the glove as bad and would probably get more mileage out of them. Thank you, I completely looked right passed that.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
BitchMittens.jpg

Meant as a humorous interlude, of course. :)

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
If I could just sweat less, I would, but I don't think I'm going to be able to. On the whole "sweat" note - is dumping some baby powder into the gloves a good or bad idea?

Thanks
That's my recommendation. I keep a travel size bottle of powder in my gear bag and dust everything when I'm done.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
better gloves will fall apart on you less. I use punch armadillos. Which are pretty well bullet proof.

Otherwise inner gloves or wraps might work. Or buy two sets of gloves so they dry out properly.

I think that last suggestion is an excellent one. If your gloves don't dry completely between uses, they will break down faster.

OP
Saheim

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
I think that last suggestion is an excellent one. If your gloves don't dry completely between uses, they will break down faster.

Is there a way to dry gloves? Blow dryer? I've always just left 'em lay, after use, til next use.

I need to get all this sorted because I think I'm gonna buy a new pair and want to take better care of them :)

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to dry gloves? Blow dryer? I've always just left 'em lay, after use, til next use.

I need to get all this sorted because I think I'm gonna buy a new pair and want to take better care of them :)
I don't use my good gloves often enough to need a method for drying them (have some alternates I use when I'm not working hard, which is most of the time when I'm teaching). I'd think one of those shoe dryers you can get from a lot of places might be a good solution.

OP
Saheim

Saheim

Green Belt
Reaction score
I don't use my good gloves often enough to need a method for drying them (have some alternates I use when I'm not working hard, which is most of the time when I'm teaching). I'd think one of those shoe dryers you can get from a lot of places might be a good solution.

Awesome, thanks!

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

Hang them on a couple of sticks.

Latest Discussions