Global warming dials up our risks, UN report says

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
:lfao:

Funny from your science free zone, mate.

Except when people post actual facts like the earth as a whole hasn't gotten warmer in at least 17 years now people refuse to debate the "science" and attack the author.

James Kovacich

Senior Master
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you know what it is Ballen...back before we all had to "adapt" because they started taxing everything and forcing things on us for our own good, a family could live well on one adult working...and do well. Now...the economy has adapted, and both parents have to work, sometimes more than one job each, and the kids are raised by everyone but the parents...because they both work...but we adapt...

True, and that's because if we don't accept the low wages American offer us, they ship the jobs over seas to people who will accept them. I've experienced this 1st hand. Been outsourced 3 times. The 1st was way back in 1984.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
True, and that's because if we don't accept the low wages American offer us, they ship the jobs over seas to people who will accept them. I've experienced this 1st hand. Been outsourced twice!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Right what we think we should earn and what the free market will pay for the same job don't always jive. I'm totally overpaid at my job and now we are going to be paying for it with possible lay offs. I'm the only one that's been running around here saying this was going to happen for years. Every year the union (which Im not a member of) demands the city give us raises. Every year I tell them they are stupid we already make more then any other PD in the area and this will eventually catch up to us. Well its time to pay the piper and we may lay off about 10% of our department.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Except when people post actual facts like the earth as a whole hasn't gotten warmer in at least 17 years now people refuse to debate the "science" and attack the author.

Even the Salmon adjust their migration patterns....nope, warming isn't happening....
I know, it is hard to comprehend, when over 90% of scientists agree....that comes pretty close t being fact.

Of course, if Breitbart says it's not so, who are those scientists to insist, right!

Once you get past the shoulder shrugging notion that rising sea levels is the sole problem resulting from melting polar ice caps, the situation becomes a wee bit more dramatic:

The polar caps, in conjunction with tropic waters have a huge impact on global weather:
The gulf stream takes warm water north, where it cools and flows back to the tropics, to repeat the cycle.

Now, for a moment stop and think of all the possible implications should this perpetual motion seize to exist.

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Even the Salmon adjust their migration patterns....nope, warming isn't happening....
I know, it is hard to comprehend, when over 90% of scientists agree....that comes pretty close t being fact.

Of course, if Breitbart says it's not so, who are those scientists to insist, right!

Once you get past the shoulder shrugging notion that rising sea levels is the sole problem resulting from melting polar ice caps, the situation becomes a wee bit more dramatic:

The polar caps, in conjunction with tropic waters have a huge impact on global weather:
The gulf stream takes warm water north, where it cools and flows back to the tropics, to repeat the cycle.

Now, for a moment stop and think of all the possible implications should this perpetual motion seize to exist.
And just stop for a moment and think that its all happened before and will again. The earth goes in and out of warming and cooling periods always has always will. Ice ages come and go. Water freezes and thaws. Always has Always will.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And just stop for a moment and think that its all happened before and will again. The earth goes in and out of warming and cooling periods always has always will. Ice ages come and go. Water freezes and thaws. Always has Always will.

That's like saying 'because everybody else does it, it's ok for me to do it'

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
That's like saying 'because everybody else does it, it's ok for me to do it'

Does what? I've said from the start we need to be good stewards of the earth. I'm also all for cheap energy I don't care what color it is green blue red wind solar sugar cane as long as it's effective and cheap. What I'm against is phony taxes that do nothing to clean up anything. I'm against taxing carbon emissions. I'm against saying we need to do sometime but it's ok for developing nations to pollute because they are poor. I'm against AL Gore flying in a private jet then saying oh its cool I planted a tree so I got carbon offsets. I'm against raising gas taxes to punish people that drive. You wanna clean up great let's clean up but don't invent doomsday as a reason

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
The fastest way to get a country to clean up it's environment...economic development...rich people like living in clean environments...by keeping poor countries undeveloped you are keeping them dirty, and unhealthy.

OP
Brian R. VanCise

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Right what we think we should earn and what the free market will pay for the same job don't always jive. I'm totally overpaid at my job and now we are going to be paying for it with possible lay offs. I'm the only one that's been running around here saying this was going to happen for years. Every year the union (which Im not a member of) demands the city give us raises. Every year I tell them they are stupid we already make more then any other PD in the area and this will eventually catch up to us. Well its time to pay the piper and we may lay off about 10% of our department.

Are you worried that not being a part of the union makes you very vulnerable? Or do you feel it helps your position?

ballen0351

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Are you worried that not being a part of the union makes you very vulnerable? Or do you feel it helps your position?

I've been here long enough they can't really do anything to me. The city code say layoffs are done as last hired first fired. They would need to lay off way more then 10% to get to me. I don't actually think they will lay anyone off I believe they will cut about 10 unfilled positions and then we have a bunch of people retiring in the next few months that their positions won't be filled either. The funny thing is in December they gave us all a 10% raise and then now they say we are broke and need to lay people off. It's all politics. Basically we got a new Mayor that's a Republican. First republican in like 40 years. The entire city council is Democrat so they but heads one everything.

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...NASA trying to keep it's budget from getting shrunk even more...since they aren't going into space the only way to keep the money rolling in...monitoring "global warming"...otherwise...fewer scientists on the NASA payroll...

Again, why is it that we keep pumping green house gases into the air...and yet the temperature doesn't head upward in a continuous line...but has "paused," or "stopped" the alleged warming...

http://americanthinker.com/2014/05/climate_alarmists_in_denial.html

now admits that the last decade and a half has been a period of little change in the Earth’s climate. When a committee of climate activists expresses reservations about global warming, you know it’s getting colder.

In the longer view, during the past one million years, the Earth’s climate has shifted 12 times to periods of extreme glaciation. In fact, the Earth has been in the midst of an extended reprieve from the extreme cold that has dominated the Holocene era. There is every reason to suspect that the climate may shift back to the extreme conditions that existed during the Little Ice Age of 1350 to 1850, and climate history has shown that shifts of this kind may take place over a period of just a few decades.

Global warming would be a lot better than global cooling...it is hard to grow wheat, tomatoes and other things we eat with an inch of snow on the ground...or miles of glaciers covering Americas bread basket...

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
How's that sand in your nose coming along! ;)
Ah! That's easy. I just stick my head in a big tin. That way I can't see the BS, and with the rain, hail or sand beating on the tin I can't hear the BS. Because it is sealed, I am enclosed in my own little perfect world and no sand can get up my nose.

The only drawback is I can't see where I am going and I keep tripping over things.
:)

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hmmm...and about that peer review process...the latest scandal in global warming?

http://americanthinker.com/blog/201..._how_climate_advocates_suppress_skeptics.html

What's significant is that Bengsston's paper does not deny global warming is happening, but rather the IPCC is wrong about how fast the climate is changing and the sensitivity of the climate to greenhouse gases. And yet, because the paper is "less than helpful," it was rejected.

Climate change hysterics are looking more and more like members of a cult or religion. Apostasy must be punished at all costs - even at the expense of sacred scientific principles of open inquiry and following the evidence wherever it leads.

K-man

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Hmmm...and about that peer review process...the latest scandal in global warming?

Blog: Damning email shows how climate advocates suppress skeptics
Why is it a scandal?

What's significant is that Bengsston's paper does not deny global warming is happening, but rather the IPCC is wrong about how fast the climate is changing and the sensitivity of the climate to greenhouse gases. And yet, because the paper is "less than helpful," it was rejected.
It is just plain wrong that the paper was rejected if this is exactly what happened. However it doesn't diminish the fact that he believes that climate change is occurring and that greenhouse gasses are at least partially responsible.
:asian:

billc

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well...if a paper that actually supports the theory of man made global warming but is concerned about how the info. is handled is rejected, not on the merits but because it might hurt the cause...imagine actual skeptical papers and how they are treated...

Latest Discussions