girl warns beach before tsunami

Discussion in 'The Study' started by Feisty Mouse, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Feisty Mouse

Feisty Mouse Senior Master

• Martial Talk Alumni
    From http://http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20050103/od_uk_nm/oukoe_quake_briton_girl

2. BrandiJo

BrandiJo Master of Arts

thats so cool, see sometimes kids do pay attiton in school ...to bad i wasnt one of them

3. raedyn

raedyn Guest

I had wondered why more people didn't recognize the signs. I can understand the tourists not getting it, but I was surprized more locals didn't head for high ground when the water sucked back. But then, I guess the locals were probably going about their business, not just standing there staring out to sea for horus on end. You tend to take yr surroundings kinda for granted when you live there all yr life.

4. Adept

Adept Master Black Belt

I swung the other way. I figured, locals probably dont have the kind of education that western tourists do. I for one know that an earthquake under water will trigger massive tsunamis, and would have been heading for higher ground as soon as I could. I would have thought most tourists would have done the same thing.

5. Lisa

Lisa Don't get Chewed!

• MartialTalk Fan
    • Martial Talk Alumni
    They were probably waiting for someone to tell them what to do. It astounds me sometimes how people wait around while fire alarms are going, etc. to see if there really is a fire. By the time you see the fire it is too late. It is just human nature, you don't believe it until you actually see it with your own eyes.