Girl under the weather | short training today!

skyeisonfire

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Been sick as a dog the last two days. Been sleeping and resting but I had to get the blood flowing somehow. I decided to make a short video and sport my Trans Am shirt. People my age may know what it means lol.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I hope you feel better, kiddo. Have some chicken soup and don’t overdo the training.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
You know what? I’m going to make one tomorrow. My honey caught a cold.

Must be a time when tough women are feeling under the weather.

OP
skyeisonfire

skyeisonfire

Blue Belt
Reaction score
You know what? I’m going to make one tomorrow. My honey caught a cold.

Must be a time when tough women are feeling under the weather.

Yeah, that time of year. I'm taking a week off to deload so I can fully recover. This time last year, I would keep pushing the limits and stayed sick for weeks.

Randy Pio

White Belt
Reaction score
My Sifu tells us "Sick practice makes sick Gung Fu". Good idea to dial it back for awhile. Besides, there are a 100 other things you can focus on; training-wise.

-RP

OP
skyeisonfire

skyeisonfire

Blue Belt
Reaction score
My Sifu tells us "Sick practice makes sick Gung Fu". Good idea to dial it back for awhile. Besides, there are a 100 other things you can focus on; training-wise.

Thanks for that, even though it kills me. I had some training I was hoping to focus on lol.

-RP

Randy Pio

White Belt
Reaction score
Sifu also told us "Lazy practice makes lazy Gung Fu".

----------------------------------------
One day he asked me, "Why you getting fat?"
I replied "I am bulking up for Winter"
His response- "It only July!!!"

-----------------------------------------

So, find the balance between knowing when to not train hard and becoming complacent.

-RP

OP
skyeisonfire

skyeisonfire

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Sifu also told us "Lazy practice makes lazy Gung Fu".

----------------------------------------
One day he asked me, "Why you getting fat?"
I replied "I am bulking up for Winter"
His response- "It only July!!!"

-----------------------------------------

So, find the balance between knowing when to not train hard and becoming complacent.

-RP

Haha yeah that's the easy part.. holding myself back is harder when you're driven.

JowGaWolf

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Haha yeah that's the easy part.. holding myself back is harder when you're driven.
many of us are like this except for the ones who learned the hard way. Not sure it this helps, but for me when I can't train, I spend time studying the science of fighting or the science of the technique that I use. I do this so I can have some things to test when I get well enough to train. I'm not sure if you spar or not so I'm just basing it on what I see. If I hit the pads like you do, then may think about power generation. I would think about the reality of punching. Do I want to overwhelm my opponent with a lot of punches or do I want to have a couple of well place punches. Do I want to finish my opponent with 10 punches or do I want to finish them with 20 punches. All of this becomes relevant in terms of trying to finish a fight quickly.

Or I may think about what type of punches need to follow each others, which punches need to be followed by a kick etc. I usually end up getting better fore I can actually come up with a handful of solid theories to test out, I play a lot of stuff out in my mind and then compare how accurate my thoughts were in comparison to me actually doing it. This helps me to keep my analysis grounded in reality and basted on my skill set.

OP
skyeisonfire

skyeisonfire

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I contemplate this when I'm sick. Lol but seriously, I do a lot of YouTube and other kinds of online research.

Attachments

• 20191212_235248.jpg
    20191212_235248.jpg
    936.5 KB · Views: 334

Latest Discussions