Girl Shows She "put up one hell of a fight" before being killed.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Another reinforcing article that shows how important it is for a young person to learn a Martial Art or Self-Defense...
A 15-year-old girl who was killed and thrown into a river after she allegedly refused a man's sexual advances 'put up one hell of a fight' before her death, police documents have suggested.

Anne Kasprzak's bloody and bruised body was pulled out of the Jordan River, Utah, on March 11, after a passer-by saw blood and a shoe by a footbridge over the river in Draper.

Police arrested Daniel Robert Lehi Ferry, 31, and Veanuia Vehekite, 30, on suspicion of murder; both remain behind bars on unrelated charges yet neither has been charged in connection to the case.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...fight-killed-Daniel-Robert-Lehi-Ferry-31.html

While there may be no guarantee that her having the skills woud've prevented the outcome, it would've pushed the odds of catching her killer(s) from her inflicting serious damage and collecting their DNA in her finger-nails ... or she might've inflicted enough hurt to get away... we'll never know. But it does show the difference between trained and untrained, IMO.

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nothing to say except, sad. This was the result of circumstances that were out of her control. Family preoccupied with their own issues, as she was left to her own devices.
A 15 year old hanging with older men of bad character, never has a good outcome.
I didn't see where it mentioned that she trained in any martial art, but, sadly I don't think it would have helped other then give her a better understanding and awareness of danger.

WC_lun

Senior Master
Reaction score
TRaining might have helped, but remember, this was two grown men against a 15 year old girl. Even a well trained martial artist is going to have at least some trouble with two men that are bigger and stronger. Martial artist are not super heroes.

OP
MA-Caver

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
TRaining might have helped, but remember, this was two grown men against a 15 year old girl. Even a well trained martial artist is going to have at least some trouble with two men that are bigger and stronger. Martial artist are not super heroes.
Very true, but she put up a "helluva fight" which says something to me that if she HAD training, she would've used it just as ferociously. Sometimes that does make a difference, it has for me in situations.
Either way this case gives another reason why it should be encouraged for young people (not just girls) to learn how to defend themselves.