Gift for Chinese master?

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
In the fall, my wife and I are joining a bunch of Americans (we're Canadian) flying over to China for a couple of weeks. We'll be visiting Dr. Wan Su-Jian, staying in the dormitory section of his clinic just outside Beijing. The trip will consist of massages, qigong treatments, some qigong instruction and some touristy stuff (including a couple of shopping trips) in and outside Beijing. All food and accommodation (in the clinic and outside) is included in the cost of the trip.

We made the trip once before, in 2007, and brought gifts for Master Wan and his staff: Canada pins and t-shirts for the staff, and some nice smoked salmon for him. Without going into details, I don't think we'll do the smoked salmon next time. We've considered maple candies, but they might be too sweet for the gang over there. They like Canadian (or American, of course) stuff, though. The pins went over big with the staff.

Do you folks have any gift suggestions?

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
In the fall, my wife and I are joining a bunch of Americans (we're Canadian) flying over to China for a couple of weeks. We'll be visiting Dr. Wan Su-Jian, staying in the dormitory section of his clinic just outside Beijing. The trip will consist of massages, qigong treatments, some qigong instruction and some touristy stuff (including a couple of shopping trips) in and outside Beijing. All food and accommodation (in the clinic and outside) is included in the cost of the trip.

We made the trip once before, in 2007, and brought gifts for Master Wan and his staff: Canada pins and t-shirts for the staff, and some nice smoked salmon for him. Without going into details, I don't think we'll do the smoked salmon next time. We've considered maple candies, but they might be too sweet for the gang over there. They like Canadian (or American, of course) stuff, though. The pins went over big with the staff.

Do you folks have any gift suggestions?

First I’m jealous; I want to go to back to Beijing

Last I knew Maple Candy from Canada was big in China but that was a while back. We tend to bring Candy when we go as gifts for family.

Enjoy Beijing, that tiny little town North Of Hebei, oh and if you see him, say hi to my Brother-in-law...he live out past aroud the 5th circle :D

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Take him a nice single malt Scotch. Alcohol is always well received as gifts, even if the teacher doesn't drink.

East Winds

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
As a Scot, I have to agree with clfsean. The trouble with choosing malt whisky is that there are no bad ones. Just grades of goodness!!!!!!

Very best wishes

OP
mograph

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Single malt it is, then. Thanks, gents.

clfsean

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yeah hey don't forget to hook a brother up for the suggestion... :bangahead::cheers:

hehehehehehehehehe

OP
mograph

mograph

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Ever in Toronto, bro ...? :D

Latest Discussions