Getting together for seminars?

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What about things that are theoretically bacon but don't look like bacon? Pancetta, prosciutto? Things like that... bacon for sophisticated people.

I don't care for either. If I'm using a recipe with them I'll replace them with bacon.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Or maybe Kahlua cheesecake - a specialty of mine.

And I'll make the Kona coffee. So after some playing....eggplant parm, maybe some pasta on the side. I have some nice appetizers, then Kahlua cheesecake and coffee.

When you guys coming? :)

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
And I'll make the Kona coffee. So after some playing....eggplant parm, maybe some pasta on the side. I have some nice appetizers, then Kahlua cheesecake and coffee.

I think we still have a spare bottle of home-made orange cordial. Goes really well with Kahlua cheesecake.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Oh, I'll eat them. I just don't like cooking with them.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
On the days when I feel like an utter barbarian, I confess, I do eat diced pancetta straight from the package. Pretty savage of me, I know...

I like barbarian days. Not too often, though.

OP
K

Kababayan

Blue Belt
Reaction score
And I'll make the Kona coffee. :)

Kona is excellent coffee. I'm one of those people who roasts my own coffee (it's embarrassingly easy to do) and my coffee supplier had a shipment of 100% Kona beans come in. I'm still kicking myself for not buying any before they sold out.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
What about things that are theoretically bacon but don't look like bacon? Pancetta, prosciutto? Things like that... bacon for sophisticated people.

1. Is it salty?
  2. Is it meat?
  3. Is there an over abundance of fat?
If you said yes to any of these then I ain't eatin' it....Bacon by any other name would taste as awful
  1. Is it chicken?
  2. Is it fish?
  3. is it tofu?
  4. Is it from a good Chinese restaurant?
If you said yes to any of these I might eat it

I had something new yesterday.... it was from a good Chinese restaurant....it was rice....vegetables and a chicken cutlet..... I had never had it before so I decided to give it a try.... it was Hong Kong Baked Chicken and Rice...... it was slathered in melted cheese...it was awful....Chinese tend to not eat Cheese...but apparently in Honk Kong they do.... and I will not order it or eat it again.....that is now why questions 1 - 4...that use to get a yes..... now get a maybe

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
6-1/2 - 7 hours from Williamsburg, VA to where we are, depending on the traffic. At our house, anything under 10 hours is considered a reasonable driving distance - and we often bend that rule.

6.5 north or 6.5 south.... or 6.5 east? Because if it s 6.5 north...I drove past you too...I'm mean that way

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Well....I...aaa.... I Plead the 5th.....:D

I had no idea you were that close when I drove by....and don't let the fact I waved as I went by give you the impression I was intentionally not stopping or had any idea where you lived..... besides...I didn't see a cake :D

Actually in all seriousness, I had no idea. I was just the chauffer for the family driving up the coast and going where I was told to go.

There is another trip out your way in my future, but I am not yet sure where exactly just yet...when I do, I will let you know...no cake required
Oh, if I know you are coming, I’ll back a cake for sure. Or at least have some cupcakes available.

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Normally I agree with this. But had a bit of an upspike, hoping to get to a base level of hectic again. Once I do that, I should have some free time to mess around with computers again.
Nope. That “upspike” as you call it is the new norm. Now and forever. Until your next upspike...

Flying Crane

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

End of the summer. I’ll let you know as we get closer.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
1. Is it salty?
It really depends on your definition of "salty". I've had some tofu pad tai recently - that was pretty dang salty.

2. Is it meat?
Technically speaking, everything is meat. A salad, for instance, could be considered a mix of chopped-up meat of poor helpless vegetables.

3. Is there an over abundance of fat?
That is a deeply philosophical question to which I - a humble mechanical engineer - could not possibly answer. What is over-abundance? For example, I've always believed there was an over-abundance of food in the United States, but my first husband still complained if, instead of Hell-of-a-good cheddar I bought him Cracker Barrel cheddar. So, from his standpoint it was an under-abundance - of the properly branded cheddar in his case.

AngryHobbit

Senior Master
Reaction score
I can’t do eggplant though, just so you know. Its just not my thing.
Ok, that's just not fair. Eggplant is like one of THE healthiest vegetables out there. It does not resemble bacon in any way. And you don't eat it either. Do you eat? Like, ever? Or do you just pop vitamin and protein pills? No wonder Mrs. Xue wants to stick needles in you all the time.

Latest Discussions