Getting slammed....yikes

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I am 6-1 and 155 only and I cannot pick anyone up

So that makes you 2-3" taller than me.

And it makes you 3-4lbs heavier than I was last time I weighed myself about 2 years ago. (I'm probably a bit heavier at the moment, I was ill for a while last year and I've definitely got squishier.)

You're certainly not underweight by any stretch of the imagination, but from your description you're definitely understrong.

Barring any physical/medical reason not to, I'd recommend you get some strength training done.

Edit to add: you're also only 1 year older than me as well, so it's not like I'm expecting you to be like a 20 year old...

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So that makes you 2-3" taller than me.

And it makes you 3-4lbs heavier than I was last time I weighed myself about 2 years ago. (I'm probably a bit heavier at the moment, I was ill for a while last year and I've definitely got squishier.)

You're certainly not underweight by any stretch of the imagination, but from your description you're definitely understrong.

Barring any physical/medical reason not to, I'd recommend you get some strength training done.

Edit to add: you're also only 1 year older than me as well, so it's not like I'm expecting you to be like a 20 year old...

you really think you can suplex me over your head ??
My new coach has shown me several body lock trips and tosses that I can do

my private wrestling coach never showed me any of these super cool moves and now I May fire him

quasar44

Brown Belt
Reaction score
I feel from body locks I have 4 good rear TD and 2 good side TD
That is enough and I hope the coach won’t keep adding because this is plenty

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
you really think you can suplex me over your head ??

If by suplex you mean what Google shows (I'm not a wrestler/grappler - picking you up from behind so you're effectively sat on my shoulder and falling over backwards?) then yeah, don't see why not. Depends how much you struggle ;)

I wouldn't though, because I'm not sure about having a suitable technique to protect myself while doing it.

If it was really the only sort of move open, then I'd do it, but I wouldn't go down with you - so I'd probably be incorrect in my application.

Being a tkd guy, I'm more likely to go for "kick to the head" instead.

pdg

Senior Master
Reaction score
I feel from body locks I have 4 good rear TD and 2 good side TD
That is enough and I hope the coach won’t keep adding because this is plenty

Do you have anything from the front?