Getting promoted to a higher dan/getting a new dan

J

Jim1

I'm considering joining a Tae Kwon Do school, but it doesn't belong to ITF, WTF, or the other big "school".

The head instructor is a fourth dan black belt, and I'm curious how he gets promoted to fifth dan.

OP
G

GouRonin

Go to the Tae Kwon Doe section and you may have better luck.
Cheers.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

he gets promoted by his instructor and if he is not on speaking terms with that person then probably thru the organization that he belongs too... if he doesnt belong to one then i guess he can do it him self lol which is not good

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Alot of independants promote themselves. Heck I'm a grandmaster ninja of Tie One On, 11th degree.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

OP
W

white dragon

Only 11th degree? Ha! I'm a skilled 12th Dan in the art of Taekwondon't

Back to Jim though, do you know what organisation he's with? Or which he took his tests with? I'm sure if you ask he'll be more than happy to tell you, and if he doesn't say, then run a mile.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

wow only 11th and 12th man i out rank both of you im a 15th dan great grand puba muckity muck of the Hei Flung Dung style passed down from master HeI Hung Lo... learned from his father master Hei Blew Chow

OP
W

white dragon

Really??? That's weird because I was taught by master Hei Blew Chow, we devised the devistating art of BishiBashi Do. Although we decided not to have ranks in that as we saw it as a cheap western way of making money and nothing more. I teach it with my head instructor, Hei Wanke Fo Cash at our school in CA. I currently hold title of grand high hoochy coochy crouching sheep. And my hands are registered as deadly weapons.

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

yes the masters style of Hei Flung Dung is only taught to those who have proven that they can master the deadly art of Take wons do... i see your hands are registered as deadly weapons BWAHAHAHAHA thats nothing young grasshopper my whole body is registered as a deadly weapon... even my hair can kill... of course that comes from many years studing Hei Flung Dung...

OP
W

white dragon

Your body is indeed a deadly weapon, I hear it can make a young woman gag simply looking at it. :D

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

woooo low blow there... :revenge: perhaps we should let master Hei Blew Chow settle this...

OP
W

white dragon

There are no low blows in BishiBashi Do, I remember once finding master Hei Flung Dung after having been attacked by one of his students in a toilet. Master had obviously been attacked but managed to beat the guy down, during the battle the attackers trousers must have come undone and master quickly applied a bitting technique to the mans groin. And I found him bitting the man, the attacker was motion less just sitting there moaning. Actually I've found this happen several times when I go to a club with master, it must be an effective technique.

But you're right, master Hei Blew Chow should settle this...

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

I'm glad you folks finally ended that disgusting mess, LOL!! I was about to do something in my pants that I've not done in 48 years!!!:eek:

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by GouRonin

Go to the Tae Kwon Doe section and you may have better luck.
Cheers.

Congrats Lord Ronin! I didn't know you were a TKD man? That's good to hear. You've finally thrown off that Russian stuff!:eek:

OP
K

Kirk

This is probably the most entertaining thread I've ever read!

OP
W

white dragon

Kirk, I do hope you're not knocking our standings as trained martial artists?! Careful or I'll demonstrate my kitten stance!

OP
T

TLH3rdDan

yeah kirk dont under estimate the mighty power of the art of hei flung dung... it can peel paint and warp steel if done correctly

OP
L

LanceWildcat1

One must step very high around this thread to keep from stepping in "what the puppy left on the doorstep!" Man, talk about gettin' deep in here!!! ROFLLH!!! :soapbox: