Getting back into MA and having big flexibility issues...

OP
spawn2031

spawn2031

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
id be very dubious that he can adjust it, with out you doing regular exercises to strengthen what ever isn't strong enough to hold alignment and at the same time making significant changes to your posture to keep it there.

but on the other hand, at his hourly rate id be tempted to give it ago as well if i were him

Agreed, which is part of the whole treatment path. IF he can adjust it, without strengthening those muscles, it would just revert back, so it sounds like I'll be working on a lot of different things at once to try and get this where it needs to be for TKD. Thank god, since my insurance doesn't cover Chiro he cut down his rates for me (and his son is a BB in my school too) so it's actually very affordable.

jobo

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Agreed, which is part of the whole treatment path. IF he can adjust it, without strengthening those muscles, it would just revert back, so it sounds like I'll be working on a lot of different things at once to try and get this where it needs to be for TKD. Thank god, since my insurance doesn't cover Chiro he cut down his rates for me (and his son is a BB in my school too) so it's actually very affordable.
id say one thing at a time to be honest, not that you shouldn't be doing stretches at all,, just don't go forcing them hips into places they don't want to go till your got them running straight and true.

pevil tilt is at near epidemic proportions, once you are aware of how it effects peoples posture and movement then you see it everywhere all the time, its very much a byproduct of the sitting down a lot age we live in

OP
spawn2031

spawn2031

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
id say one thing at a time to be honest, not that you shouldn't be doing stretches at all,, just don't go forcing them hips into places they don't want to go till your got them running straight and true.

pevil tilt is at near epidemic proportions, once you are aware of how it effects peoples posture and movement then you see it everywhere all the time, its very much a byproduct of the sitting down a lot age we live in

Yes, I 100% am putting the blame on the sedentary lifestyle I had developed and this damn desk job. I had a lot of other small issues that had been plaguing me up until I made this change in my life (slight sciatica, shooting tendon pain, focus, mental clairity,etc...) Once I got back into this stuff.. all those issues went away. It's a total shame that our society is pushing us all more and more in this direction and telling ppl it's ok.... buuuull sh*t!! lol. And yeah, I'm not forcing anything. Just taking things as far as I can w/o too much discomfort. The last thing I want to do is tear something or cause an injury that will bench me. Personally, I feel that that this issue is multi-tiered anyway... hips / spine out of alignment, severely shortened muscles and tendons in that area and atrophied hip abductors. Long road ahead I feel but I'm committed to it however long it takes.

Latest Discussions