Georges St. Pierre dominates BJ Penn at UFC 94

Clark Kent

<B>News Bot</B>
Reaction score
01-31-2009 04:34 PM:Georges St. Pierre dominates BJ Penn, Jon Jones stuns Stephan Bonnar, Lyoto Machida finishes Thiago Silva, and more at UFC 94.

More...
MMA Ring Report
The hardest hitting news from the hardest hitting sport.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Heard nothing else about GSP but 'greasing' ..... looks true aswell.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Heard nothing else about GSP but 'greasing' ..... looks true aswell.

Yea that was a great fight for GSP but I was hoping for more out of Penn.

Maybe its just me but it doesn't seem like Penn every lives up to his ability, but either way GSP is just a monster anyways.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
GSP is a monster yes :)
... but i do believe now, from re-runs of the videos, that Penn was helpless and couldnt have dominated in his ground game because of the 'greasing'.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
GSP is a monster yes :)
... but i do believe now, from re-runs of the videos, that Penn was helpless and couldnt have dominated in his ground game because of the 'greasing'.

Nah, I agree. That was part of GSP's strategy in the 1st place, but still if you see Penn's training sessions they really don't seem all that intense. But GSP is a methodical fighter to be respected all the way around and one of my favorite fighters to watch in the UFC

Ronin74

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Wasn't there some talk of a third rematch once both of them finished their upcoming respective title matches?

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Nah, I agree. That was part of GSP's strategy in the 1st place, but still if you see Penn's training sessions they really don't seem all that intense. But GSP is a methodical fighter to be respected all the way around and one of my favorite fighters to watch in the UFC

Yes definately.
The superman punch against BJP was well executed, a quick fake right kick and bounce :)

Skpotamus

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Penn didn't complain about the "greasing" being an issue until after the fight when he saw the replay's. Apparently he couldn't tell that GSP had grease on him during the fight. Even in their first fight, Penn couldn't do anything to GSP on the ground, and only did well on the feet from the eye poke.

GSP offered to wear a rash guard or gi for a third fight. I honestly hope Penn doesn't take it, I have a feeling that GSP will end his career if he gets another chance to fight him.

Tensei85

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Penn didn't complain about the "greasing" being an issue until after the fight when he saw the replay's. Apparently he couldn't tell that GSP had grease on him during the fight. Even in their first fight, Penn couldn't do anything to GSP on the ground, and only did well on the feet from the eye poke.

GSP offered to wear a rash guard or gi for a third fight. I honestly hope Penn doesn't take it, I have a feeling that GSP will end his career if he gets another chance to fight him.

Yea definitely I agree, I would hate to see that too. Penn is an awesome fighter to watch however maybe not in GSP's caliber at the moment.

Domino

Black Belt
Reaction score
Very true, different calibre, different game plan,
Possibly old vids, but have recently seen some of the Gracie boys bad mouthing BJP !?

Latest Discussions