Geoff Thompson on the importance of pre-emption.

FightHACKS

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Great Subject! Martial Arts etiquette aside, this is about self defense, down and dirty protection of oneself, fighting!
I am all about pre-emptive striking. Letting someone get off the first punch can have disastrous consequences.
My mantra has always been "I'd rather be called "The Accused" than "The Victim" any day of the week.
That being said, you should be aware of how to defend your actions and articulate why you felt the need to strike first.

Here is a video I made a few weeks ago talking about this subject.

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
Great Subject! Martial Arts etiquette aside, this is about self defense, down and dirty protection of oneself, fighting!
I am all about pre-emptive striking. Letting someone get off the first punch can have disastrous consequences.
My mantra has always been "I'd rather be called "The Accused" than "The Victim" any day of the week.
That being said, you should be aware of how to defend your actions and articulate why you felt the need to strike first.

Welcome to the board

CB Jones

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you have the time start a thread in Beginners Corner and introduce yourself.

hoshin1600

Senior Master
Reaction score

this is the same thing i have been saying on this sight for awhile now.
i dont use the word jeopardy because its not really a term most people understand. they think of the game show. so i use the word opportunity . its more to the point.
ability, opportunity and intent. that's my list.

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Welcome to MartialTalk, FightHACKS.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score

We do delivery system rather than imminent jeopardy. But otherwise the same.

Latest Discussions