General Bag Work

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is probably going to bit WTH. Yesterday while throwing in a few low leg shots and simulated cuts, I noticed something a bit strange on the side of my foot. Basically on the inside I have a small marble sized lump. For the life of me I do not understand why I have not noticed before, I suppose it comes down to having ugly feet. Anyway it does not hurt, I can press on it and have zero pain. Any ideas peeps, gristle or something?

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
yup :) got the same problem with the callouses on my hands and my feet too :)

basically the skin has just hardened over time and cos it just gets used to hitting the bag or whatever - best thing you can do i cut it off with a razor type blade --- it won't bleed at all cos the skin cells are totally dead :) just cut off the hard bit that's all. when you've done it the skin underneath will look "glossy" and that's the new skin that's been portected by the dead cells :)

you could always go and see your doctor and they'll just do the same thing - might even cautorize it which really does hurt.

hope this helps :)

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a callous of some sort or cyst. Don't know; doesn't really sound like a callous and I think you'd recognize it as such. I'd suggest talking to a doc if you're worried about it.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be a callous of some sort or cyst. Don't know; doesn't really sound like a callous and I think you'd recognize it as such. I'd suggest talking to a doc if you're worried about it.

That is what is strange, a cyst would be softer. The lump feels like bone.

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Don't know. Not seeing it in person. Not a doc. If you're worried, have someone with medical credentials check it out.

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Too many possibilities to even guess. Go get it checked if it worries you.

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the doc'll either just cut it off or cautorise it --- best get them to do it if you're not sure :)

Pre-empt it, thanks Donna :), not a bad idea. Problem is that I try and feel around the area, I am becoming more convinced that it is a bone spur. Then agian maybe I am being too doom and gloom. If it is a cyst, then yeah I will go for the shopwork.

donnaTKD

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
you sir are most welcome ;)

if it is a bone spur then that'll mean surgery - so either ways you're prolly looking at a bit of time off for good behaviour ;) oh and some surgery too :)

hope your trip to the doc's is a happy one ;)

OP
Transk53

Transk53

The Dark Often Prevails
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you sir are most welcome ;)

if it is a bone spur then that'll mean surgery - so either ways you're prolly looking at a bit of time off for good behaviour ;) oh and some surgery too :)

hope your trip to the doc's is a happy one ;)

Yeah thanks :)

Latest Discussions