Gen. Choi Hong Hi, 1918 - 2002.

R

RCastillo

We know we don't live forever, and it seems that based the info I get(which is slow, and or coveted by others) that he had cancer, and went quickly.

It's even worse to see his organization go the direction it has with people fighting for all sorts of things. Clearly, he put up with more crud than he had to. If I had been him, I would've been truly disheartened with the people/activities that have transpired in recent years. I also would've stepped in and disciplined those people that acted like brats. It was hard to see who was really in charge at times.

IMHO, When it comes to the arts, we usually seem to be our own worst enemy.

May God Bless Him.:asian:

Klondike93

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Having been around TKD for such a long time, I am saddend by the passing of the General. I never got to meet him, but I heard plenty of stories about his passion for TKD. :(

:asian:

G

GouRonin

We live in dangerous times. The leaders of the arts we study are passing on. The paths we choose after this will alter many things for many people.

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I'm sad at the passing of our founder, I hope his family is ok and knows how many people are wishing them well.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD
ITF

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

I'm sad at the passing of our founder, I hope his family is ok and knows how many people are wishing them well.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD
ITF

Mr. Mavis,

I am shocked, to say the least. All this happened too fast. I'm worried if things will get worse now? Your opinions? Thanks

TaeKwon

Damian Mavis

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I havent a clue, I'd like to think both sides of ITF will mostly come together, minus a few. But I've been surprised in the past so I really dont expect anything to happen the way I think it should. No matter what I'll be ok in my ITF, I do sincerely want everyone to get along though.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by Damian Mavis

I havent a clue, I'd like to think both sides of ITF will mostly come together, minus a few. But I've been surprised in the past so I really dont expect anything to happen the way I think it should. No matter what I'll be ok in my ITF, I do sincerely want everyone to get along though.

Damian Mavis
Honour TKD

I'm with you 100% It bothers me that some of these things have been going on for awhile, and I was unaware about much of it.I'm honored to communicate with you, and hope to do so more often!

Taekwon

W

white dragon

Personally I train in WTF, but I hate politics, he will no doubt be missed, I hope that his dedication to his art though will be an inspiration for those that follow in his footsteps for years to come.

K

kickyou

May the General rest in peace.Now is the time for all of us as martial aritsts of his great art to come together and stand behind the Leader of the ITF, Master Choi will be a great Leader and is one of the best Legacy's that the General has left us.

T

ThuNder_FoOt

A great mourning for the late general. I am saddened about the recent events that has happened in the ITF. Its a pity that upon the General's death, the organization was left in such a panic. Politics seem to infused every part of the human life, and I suppose Taekwondo is no different.

But even within all the chaos, General Choi has touched many lives. He has inspired millions of people to intrust justice in their lives. He has truly given the world a philosophy of thinking, better yet... a way of life.

He will continue to live on through the millions of Taekwondo students around the globe regardless of what organization they may be from.

I just want to add, I am truly grateful to be a representative of his art. TKD is directly responsible for some life changing events in my life, and I thank him for that. I just hope someday in the future, I can better perfect my knowledge of the art... so I may better represent the art and in turn, better pass it on to others.

:asian: May General Choi rest in peace.:asian:

ThuNder_FoOt

[edit] Wow, I just got promoted to Orange!!!!

A

artful dodger

Originally posted by kickyou

May the General rest in peace.Now is the time for all of us as martial aritsts of his great art to come together and stand behind the Leader of the ITF, Master Choi will be a great Leader and is one of the best Legacy's that the General has left us.

Just curious. I read somewhere that General Choi's son was in his bad books, in fact his final words on the matter were, no one is to forgive my son. What's the story?

Latest Discussions